W210 interior light fan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frankie

Car
E230 Elegance Ford Ka Honda Z50x3 ATC70
I've got buzzing coming from the interior light, I know what it is and how to fix it. My question is as to whether I actually need this fan or not? I don't have climate control so what is it being used for?

I'm still lost on this. If I don't have climate control,how can the car regulate the temperature?As far as I can tell I can't bring up the cabin temp on the dash.

You still dial in a fixed temperature with the control wheels.

So it's climate control, not air con I have?

You can have fully automatic climate control ( the one with the lcd screen) or the dial wheel version. Both have aircon. You set the desired temperature on each system by either buttons, or wheels. If your car is an a=early example, it is possible you don't have aircon. Does your panel have an Ec button? If yes, then you have aircon.

I have at least air con,I have dials for left and right and the ec button.I have seen pictures of dials with numbers on,mine have none.
So is there also a version without the cabin sensor,plane Jane air con?

I've got buzzing coming from the interior light, I know what it is and how to fix it. My question is as to whether I actually need this fan or not? I don't have climate control so what is it being used for?

Hi,I have been wondering what that noise was,did you manage to fix it? if so,how.
Cheers,Woody

I´ve not had it off as it appears to still be working.
Thanks for the kick,I´ll let you know if it´s just some fluff in there in about 30 mins.

Hi,I have been wondering what that noise was,did you manage to fix it? if so,how.
Cheers,Woody
remove the light cover then remove the complete light unit and you will see a small motor/fan give it a quick squirt of wd40 and the jobs a goodun

Ok so I pulled the unit off,was all clips so easy enough.The bit making the noise is a little fan in the bottom right hand side. I have sprayed a little teflon spray in there and it has silenced it for now.Not sure I'd recommend it though as it may damage the sensor,I don't know.Ultimately I think I will be replacing the part.

That worked for 5 mins,just been for a drive and it started again. Unplugged it,fixed ;-)

If you want the part new,this is the part number 140 830 00 08 Or take a chance and pick another initial off ebay for a few quid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom