w210 knocking and inner tyre wear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

foru2justnv

Car
Mercedes w211 E320 CDI s212 e220cdi
Hi Guys

Can someone please help, my ride over rough roads is really hard and "knocky", ive changed lower balljoints, link rods and anti roll bar bushes, but not much better, i seem to be feeling every crack in the road quite hard, ive noticed that the inside of both front tyres has worn to the threads. could it be my lower arms? euro car parts has the lower arm bushing kits for £23 each side and garage down the road said £20 to press in new bushes if arms out of the car, not too bad, but is that my problem?
according to the americans forums a sign of lower control arm bushes is shimmer at 50 mph, which i relate to as wheel balancing out which i am experiencing at 70mph but will put that down to balancing as im due a new set that should hopefully cure that, is there something im missing, any help will be much appreciated,

Regards
Tif

It could be the inner arm bushes, they will cause the wheel to move out and also will knock.

Hi Guys

Can someone please help, my ride over rough roads is really hard and "knocky", ive changed lower balljoints, link rods and anti roll bar bushes, but not much better, i seem to be feeling every crack in the road quite hard, ive noticed that the inside of both front tyres has worn to the threads. could it be my lower arms? euro car parts has the lower arm bushing kits for £23 each side and garage down the road said £20 to press in new bushes if arms out of the car, not too bad, but is that my problem?
according to the americans forums a sign of lower control arm bushes is shimmer at 50 mph, which i relate to as wheel balancing out which i am experiencing at 70mph but will put that down to balancing as im due a new set that should hopefully cure that, is there something im missing, any help will be much appreciated,

Regards
Tif

Get them changed, then report back...I'd like to know.:):):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom