W210 LED indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

superjaz1

Car
W210 E320 CDI
Hi,

Hoping someone can help. Has anyone successfully changed their W210 indicators to LEDs? I bought these 2x 18SMD LED BAU15s PY21W 581 CANBUS Indicator Light Bulbs Amber off-set pins | eBay which arrived today. Tried one in the O/S front and it didn't work, so thought oh maybe its the LEDs and the other didn't work either. Then I tried one in the O/S rear and wow it worked! SO I put the other in the N/S rear and oh it didn't work :( Then I proceeded to swap them around, sticking the one that was working from the O/S into the N/S and that didn't work. Tried the one that wasn't working from the N/S rear and moved it into the O/S rear and it worked. So the LEDs are fine as far as I can see, easily as bright as the originals! Nice if I can get them working properly. Do I need those load resistors? I've been reading various other posts about adding them which I don't mind doing but which ones do I need? Will these work? I read they were for things like flashing too fast or canbus errors but my LEDs are apparently error free

2 X LED Turn Signal Load Resistor Blinker Fix 50W 6ohm | eBay

I've successfully replaced the number plate ones without having to modify anything and had no errors, these work really well and have done for months so far (they were originally £4.99 though):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-36mm-Canbus-3-SMD-High-Power-LED-Number-Plate-Bulbs-Mercedes-Benz-W210-W211-/280935423208?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41690e5ce8

Thanks,

Jason

Meh! Oh thanks :cool: Do you know if there any posts on it? I'll have a search round. If not or it's not worth the hassle the guy said I can just get a refund anyway.

Thanks,

Jason

Ok I managed to get these working in the front. I wired one up in parallel with an incandescent and it worked! I discovered the wiring was the opposite way round so I swapped the wiring round on the bulb holder and it worked great! Pity I can't see them flash at certain angles though so back to the drawing board :(

That the downside of LEDs, directional light travel.

Yeah, will look out for some with more SMDs. These ones work better in the rear. I'm going to try wiring them up in parallel and hide the incandescent bulbs though as I have "hyper flash", only when indicating fine as hazards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom