W210 Measurement Between Seat Tracks/Runners, Please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Will someone kindly measure the centre bolt to centre bolt distance on the seat tracks/runners on a W210 front seat, please? The inner or outer measurement of the tracks will also suffice. :)

I'm considering putting 210 E-Class seats in my Audi A6.
I also like the look of W220 S-Class seats and I know they are comfy, but I need seats that have the controls on the seat itself, not on the door.

TIA.

Paul.

Did you find this dimension out?
My 202 has 210 front seats fitted, the tracks are the same distance apart. I could measure that for you.

You will find the ML163 and ML164 seats have integral controls.
The ML163 are easier to source and cheap. With those I can give you the wiring designation as I fitted tehm to an earlier Vito, both had heated seats.

I've bought 2x Volvo XC60 seats for the Vito I have now. Mainly as I read that they are comfy. Both are heated and I've worked that out but having some difficulty working ou the occupancy sensor wiring.

Did you find this dimension out?
My 202 has 210 front seats fitted, the tracks are the same distance apart. I could measure that for you.

Yes I did, thanks mate.
They would be quite a lot narrower than I need.
IIRC they are around 405mm width to centre bolts, but my Audi width is 475mm centre-to-centre.
I have some Range Rover seats that I know are comfy and they are only just short at 457mm, but that has complicated things still further when it comes to fabricating.

Thanks again for getting back to me. :thumb:

You will find the ML163 and ML164 seats have integral controls.
The ML163 are easier to source and cheap. With those I can give you the wiring designation as I fitted tehm to an earlier Vito, both had heated seats.

I've bought 2x Volvo XC60 seats for the Vito I have now. Mainly as I read that they are comfy. Both are heated and I've worked that out but having some difficulty working ou the occupancy sensor wiring.

Thanks for the reply.
I suspect ML seats will be the same as 210 seats, especially if from the same era.
I have heard Volvo seats are comfy. I'll see if I can find out the measurements of the seat runners.
:thumb:

Just checked, poor memory sorry but the Volvo seat are from an XC70
The seats are in different fore/ aft positions and measure 5mm different across rail centres. Maybe down to their different position along the rail?

Drivers 330mm rail centres, but more importantly the front mountings are 440mm centres. As the holes are elongated that's from 425mm to 458mm.
The rear mounting points are cranked downwards.

Passenger at 335mm, and you can add 5mm to the other measurements.

What about Audi A8 recaros , they seem to be the seat mod of choice for many ?

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have tried 4 seats of A8 seats. 2002, 2005 Komfort x2 and 2012 Komfort (£4495 if bought new) and none of them are really comfy.
The 2002 from A8L are the best of a bad bunch.

At my desk, I sit on a 5" thick M&S Abbey sofa cushion on top of my office chair and it is nice and comfortable.
A few weeks ago, (after a seat trimmer adding to the original foam in the A6 seat), in desperation, I stripped the sfuff he had added and the original Audi foam and heated seat pad and managed to cram in the M&S sofa foam, but unbelievably, no joy.

The tracks for the comfy Range Rover seats I have bought are 8-9mm to narrow, which I thought would be an easy fit, but it turns out they would have been easier to work with/fabricate for if they had been narrower. Took me an age to find them too!

I need a fabricating angel.

Do you have a health issue ?

BMW seats have flat runners and controls on the seats. I retrofitted a set of M6 (e63 ?) Seats once, best seats I ever sat in.

MK3 Mondeo recaros are also easily moddable and are quite wide, cheap and comfy, had a set in my van and took a beating.

My current van I've bunged in Saab seats, very comfy but harder to source nowadays.

Do you have a health issue ?

BMW seats have flat runners and controls on the seats. I retrofitted a set of M6 (e63 ?) Seats once, best seats I ever sat in.

MK3 Mondeo recaros are also easily moddable and are quite wide, cheap and comfy, had a set in my van and took a beating.

I had a big spine injury in 2012.

I nearly bought a 535D estate a year or so ago until the owner decided not to sell.
It had the comfort seats which did seem quite forgiving for the two brief periods I sat in them.
I may well consider trying those seats if they are easier to install than the R/R's.

I've never considered Mondeo seats, that's an interesting avenue to explore.

SAAB seats would have been on my list - I remember siting in DRUK's in his 107 and they were lovely.
I sat in some in a 93 a while ago and fell in love with them, only to be put off when I got the tape measure out on the runners.

Thanks for the suggestions. :thumb:

I've always changed seats just for purely cosmetic reasons with me being a recaro branded snob. But with a spinal injury I'd personally sod the looks and just get something like a single recaro orthopad, gazillions of adjustments and OEM subframes available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom