W210 - minor paint bubbling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam1440

Car
E320CDi Estate
There are a couple of spots of pretty minor paint bubbling on my 2001 W210 estate - around the tailgate and one door frame.

Anybody got any experience of fixing/repainting these type of issues? Big/expensive job? Or relatively straightforward?

Adam

The word is leave it and live with it until it becomes unbearable, then replace the whole panel / car /door.

At least, as it is now, its all the right colour, albeit a bit lumpy, and you haven't wasted any cash.

If you repair it, the rust WILL return.

Hi, It depends on you and how you want the car- we are all different.
Halfords sell loads of products to treat rust and slow it down. You can then finish with an aerosol can of paint and a spray of glaze. Or take it to a body shop for a more expensive proper repair, leave it to rot and swap panels eventually. If its just a work horse anything goes if it is your pride and joy only the best will do.Your choice but I always like to keep the body rust free even if the old car looks a bit scabby simply because you can mend mechanicals but body work eventually sends it to the scrap yard.
Note Mercs main dealers sell touch up kits for around a tenner with paint and lacquer,
Don

You can slow it down but it will always return.

There are a couple of spots of pretty minor paint bubbling on my 2001 W210 estate - around the tailgate and one door frame.

Anybody got any experience of fixing/repainting these type of issues? Big/expensive job? Or relatively straightforward?

Adam

Take it to a bodyshop and get it sorted now while it is easy to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom