w210 multifunction steering wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

meb

Car
SL500 R230
Does anyone know if I can change my non multifunction, '97 w210 steering wheel for the later post '99 multifunction type?

I know the multifunction switches would not work - or does anyone know a way they would? I just like the later cosmetic style and need to know if the newer type would physically fit in my car.

Thanks

It would physically fit. If you were willing to change your instrument cluster, possibly headunit, and install a load of wiring you could probably make the buttons work too :)

BTW I intend to install a w203 or w208/w210 multifunction steering wheel to my w202 at some point, alongside comand.

Having used both the W210/208 and W203 steering wheels , i prefer the buttons from the W210 one and the Wheel on the W203 one.

Thanks for info.

Would the 2 horn buttons work ok with the new wheel on the old w210 column? Is horn on canbus, or is this on a direct connection to horn relay or whatever.

I too have bought a Comand I will be attempting to fit soon - does anyone know where to take the speed signal on a '97 w210?

I believe The speed signal wire should already be there on ISO plug A pin 1 , it is on my 1999 pre facelift model.

The horn is not on CANBUS...it is connected directly to the steering wheel in the older cars (per relay and ground switch) and connects to the IC on the modelupdated cars with MF steering wheels...

The newstyle steering wheel only fits in combination with the newstyle airbag contactring (AND possible to be aded ESP ring if your car currently hasn't one!).

The W203 steering wheels come with a multistage airbag where as the MF W208/W210 and W463 (all the same) had a singlestage airbag...

greetingz,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom