W210: new owner scratching his head...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nanook

Hi everyone - I have bought a 2002 E320 cdi estate a couple of weeks ago, and I am (so far) delighted with the car, my first Merc.

The one thing i cannot get my head around is the front interior light pod.:confused:
I knew it wasn't working when i bought the car, but i don't seem to be able to find where the problem lies. Nothing on the pod works: lights, reading light, buttons, and even the little orange ambient light under the rearview mirror.

I've checked the bulbs, and they're all fine.
I've checked the fuses, and everything seems to be ok.
i even bought a new (second hand) pod and swapped my current one, but still no joy.:wallbash:

I've done a quick search, but i couldn't find anything about it. Has any of you gurus got any ideas about what may be going on???

Many thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum.

Have you got a multimeter?

I got one recently, it's a very useful thing. You can then test for voltages etc.

Welcome Nanook. :thumb:

I would check the PSE unit connections for dampness or corrosion. The unit is located in a foam boot under the O/S rear seat next to the battery.

It is quite common for the units to be exposed to moisture which is drawn in via the foam boot.
Hopefully it will not be too damp because the units are expensive to buy new (you can pick up used ones).

Thanks!

Thank you all - i will check the PSE unit. Do you know where I can get a wiring diagram of the pod to see what's what - before i randomly start punching holes with my multimeter :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom