w210 Passenger seat occupancy sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ManJ

Car
E270 CDI(54), CLK270 CDI(03), S320 CDI(03), Smart Passion CDI (2011)
Hi guys, the problem ive been reading about on many posts has now hit me, and the sensor pad in the passenger seat needs to be changed, is anyone going to be kind enough to do a how to on this?:) or maybe there already is one?

its not that hard.. basically you have to unclip the sides of the seat base leather/cloth and then you will see the sensor... the tricky bit is getting the base clipped back in correctly.. tip: its easier if you get someone to sit on it while you tuck it all back in..

i do it by takeing the seat out and then removeing the seat base and then removeing the cover to change it
not a bad job

RIGHT, ANYONE WANA DO THAT FOR ME?for some pocket money?

It's half a day's labour by all accounts. I wish it were less but there it is.

By the way, I 'cured' my passenger seat sensor problem by unplugging the red underseat connector, driving around for a day and then reconnecting it. After a few trips the system seemed to re-learn the the pad-sensor outputs and the warnings went away. Still no sign of them after several months.

Of course, it might all be coincidence. But worth a try provided no children are involved in the experiment!

I hope it wasnt coincidence as im trying it now, fingers crossed :)

It is a DIY job.

Good luck and if you need any help.......

I have experinced the same issue with the sensor mat in the passenger side seat.

Got it fixed at a mechanic as i didnt have time to do it myself... the MB mechanic used 4 hours to do it, and cost me a total of 400 quid, where 100 was parts :(

Might be worth trying to do yourself if you have the facilities, but you probably should expect an all in, considering the MB pro shop needed to use 4 hours.

EDIT: I have a E320 T-model (S210) from 2000 that have 180000km on the counter.

Changed a sensor on my sons BMW. need to take the seat out of the car and then about 4hrs of uncliping etc used cable ties to clip fabric back as metal clips used by manufacture could not be used again.A bind of a job but only cost £25 and an afternoon.Dealer price £400. Found a new sensor on Ebay.

Hi guys, the problem ive been reading about on many posts has now hit me, and the sensor pad in the passenger seat needs to be changed, is anyone going to be kind enough to do a how to on this?:) or maybe there already is one?
I think I must have missed this one. What does the passenger seat occupancy sensor do and how do you know if it is faulty?

I have a 1999 W210 facelifted version and all seems fine. But it's not like I get a warning that there is a passenger sitting in the seat who has not fastened a seat belt.

(If i'm not mistaken an uncle of mine had a morris marina 30 years ago which had such a sensor. )

Its the sensor that tells the airbag it should go off in the event of an accident because there is someone on the passenger seat. The light next to your gear lever...

I think I must have missed this one. What does the passenger seat occupancy sensor do and how do you know if it is faulty?

I have a 1999 W210 facelifted version and all seems fine. But it's not like I get a warning that there is a passenger sitting in the seat who has not fastened a seat belt.

(If i'm not mistaken an uncle of mine had a morris marina 30 years ago which had such a sensor. )

It weighs the passenger so the srs system knows if to deploy stage one or two of the airbag and if to deploy it at all.

The main warning of a fault is a red SRS (airbag) warning appearing on the lower right of the instrument display. Normally, it should illuminate briefly only when you turn on the ignition (as does the telltale airbag OFF light by the gearshift).

I have never understood why two or three times a year my SRS warning appears and then disappears a few seconds later. I'm not sure if replacing the pad will cure this occasional glitch.

Cant see how it takes four hours.

I probably only took that long to fit seat heater pads to my car drivers seat base and back and was also first time.

One of the yanks sites used to have a how to mbworld or benzworld 210 section.

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom