W210 permanent speed limiter...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
...I have this function on my car...but the manual says it's only available in Germany. I can set my top speed to 100, 110 or 130, or no limit. Anybody else with a facelift 210 have this...or is it just me?

How is this set permanently? I'll go and check mine if I know how to :thumb:

On a similar note, how does your sunroof operate for closing/opening?

On my CLK, it's one-touch to open all the way back I'm sure. But on my facelift 210 estate you have to hold the button to keep it opening, and then it opens in two stages - halfway, and then hold the button again to open fully.

Is that normal? :)

Will

In the menu were you check oil level, there is one to set the max speed. If you have it, it'll be obvious.

I don't have a sunroof.:eek:

Oh, and oh :eek:

I don't have that function (max speed limit)

On a similar note, on the CLK you can scroll through on that same menu to get a digital speedo on the central LCD screen. You can't on my 210.

I imagine it's a STAR coding thing, perhaps set up for the CLK55 as an AMG thing maybe? Not sure if 'normal' CLKs have that?

Or does you 210 have this readout as well?

I think all W210 with Cruise control have the permanent limit function, mine does.

As for the sunroof, are you sure it doesn't need "Normalising"?

Oh, and oh :eek:

I don't have that function (max speed limit)

On a similar note, on the CLK you can scroll through on that same menu to get a digital speedo on the central LCD screen. You can't on my 210.

I imagine it's a STAR coding thing, perhaps set up for the CLK55 as an AMG thing maybe? Not sure if 'normal' CLKs have that?

Or does you 210 have this readout as well?

I have the digital mph, but mine is a facelift.

^ With the CC stalk.

^ With the CC stalk.

Will, I have that function...where you can choose a speed not to exceed. This is an additional function (it says for winter tyres) over and above the CC Lim, which can set the overall speed limit, all the time to 100, 110, 130 or no limit. The normal cc lim, can be used as normal at lower speeds.

This is an additional function (it says for winter tyres) over and above the CC Lim, which can set the overall speed limit, all the time to 100, 110, 130 or no limit.

Got that too...That's why it's called permanent limiter.

Got that too...That's why it's called permanent limiter.

Good. I was on a US forum where their top speed is restricted to 130, without the ability, except at a dealers, to change it or remove it. In my manual it says the feature is Germany only. Got me thinking.

On my first 210, a 300td, I had cc, but no speed limit functions of either type.

Think its for when you have winter tyres fitted so that when you go on the german autobahns you dont exceed the speed limit of winter tyres.

My W203 coupe has it but i dont have it set to any limits as i dont plan on doing 100mph on any british roads anytime soon lol.

Could be handy if the sprogs want to take daddy's Merc for a spin

my 211 has a winter tyre speed limiter in the menu... haven't checked my 210 (facelift) yet; will do so and let you know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom