W210 power window problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lucky178tb

Car
E240-1998
G'day all,
I have continued this problem on from my post from steering wheel removal. I replaced the steering wheel 2day. All went well until I re-connected the battery to find that the one touch window switch's wouldnt work..only the hold down would work Here's the deal...I opened up the boot while the battery was disconnected nd I had to do it using the key but thats all i did. After the battery was re-connected I opened the boot lid from inside nd tried the switches nd to my amazement started to work using the one-touch but only while the boot was open. So I locked nd unlocked the boot again nd tried the switch's, only this time the one-touch didnt work....so Im wondering WHAT THE HELL I"VE DONE !!!???? Any help ???

Iirc psuh and hold the switch and hold in the up position even when windows have stopped for 5 secs or so and that window should now work one touch do same for all other windows.

Lynall

Beauty....fFIXED and u should see the smile on me face !!!! Thanx for ur prompt reply and help.....However Im not sure I understand the principle ???? How does that work the way it does ??

With the battery having been disconnected the window needed to be re-calibrated so that it knows what position it is in. You'll probably need to do this with all your other windows too.

Hi,
If you have sunroof, you might have to do it to that, (i have too on my C43) though it doesn,t open like the one touch windows, it still needs to know when to stop.
You may also have the BAS/ESP warning lights on, this will clear by taking the steering from lock to lock several times.

Damn if i realised you were Australian i wouldnt have bothered:D

Lynall

Lolz........good one Lynall :thumb:...cheers to all for ur contributions...bloody windows are A-ok now....no sunroof though !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom