W210 Query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
Just a couple of things that I'm not sure about.

1. Car is running at 60 deg. (E320cdi). I suspect this is cool. Can anyone confirm what normal is.

2, Getting an error message with rear fogs. Can anyone confirm whether rear left light on estate should work? Rear right is ok.

Cheers

David

My 210 300TD runs at just under 80. All day everyday.

MPG is a miserable 33.6 for knocking around with I guess "winter-mix" fuel now at filling stations.

OK.

Looks like another car needing a thermostat then. One of these days I'll find one that does not!

Fog light is odd. I'll try changing the bulb - perhaps something corroded.

OK.

Looks like another car needing a thermostat then. One of these days I'll find one that does not!

Fog light is odd. I'll try changing the bulb - perhaps something corroded.

Off side front? Mine is out too, I'll get round to it in time.

Just a couple of things that I'm not sure about.

1. Car is running at 60 deg. (E320cdi). I suspect this is cool. Can anyone confirm what normal is.

2, Getting an error message with rear fogs. Can anyone confirm whether rear left light on estate should work? Rear right is ok.

Cheers

David

Only the off side rear foglight works.

David, my E270 Cdi was running at 60C or thereabouts too. New thermostat, easy to fit, and now running at 90C. I tested the old thermostat and found it was not shutting off fully so it was effectively leaking internally constantly allowing water to pass to the radiator.
You will find mpg improves with a new thermostat.

Yuo. I thought it was after this thread and a day in London I am certain also....

E320 CDi .....check the top radiator hose, mine was collapsing under acceleration making the engine run hot and I think if the bottom hose is doing the same then the guage will read low.

My 210 300TD runs at just under 80. All day everyday.

MPG is a miserable 33.6 for knocking around with I guess "winter-mix" fuel now at filling stations.

mines is topping 35 on a 12 mile run in a morning with 200k up......lol....u not run it in yet!

Not for the last 6 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom