W210 Radiator Fan Running ignition off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

qwiksand

Car
E320 CDI W211
Hello,

I have a 2001 W210 E220 CDI which has not been used much lately. The radiator fan has spontaneously started spinning ( and consequently drained the battery ) while the car was sitting locked - the only way to stop the fan has been to disconnect the battery OR disconnect the power supply at the fan itself.

I am looking for suggestions of the source of this problem is it likely to be a failed/failing relay? Can someone point me at the appropriate relay(s) and I can try swapping them out.

Cheers

:dk:

Last edited:
Hi, did you ever find out the answer? I have the same problem! Mine, I think is related to the fact that I accidentally spilt about 8 litres of water all other the boot and the rear relay fuse board! Ta

Running fan is due to lack of voltage either fan acu or engine ecu. Check all fuses first, and all wire connections.

I had a fault on same car it was due to implausible signal at brake light switch
And i found a dirty connection for fan

Seems to be fixed with a large amount of electrical cleaner spray, mopping out boot and re-charging the battery! Hint to self, check before putting a garden roller in you boot for leaks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom