W210 Radio Not Working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M666EVO

Car
W210 E Class 2.6
Hi all, my battery finally gave up - so bought a new one. Whilst disconnected the radio reset and code now needed. I have the code as it was in the manual but for some reason it doesn't work.

Any ideas? Is there a special way of entering the code?

This, among many others on Youtube shows how to input the radio code
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When mine went I ended up entering it several times over a period of a few weeks. Eventually the radio died one day as I was driving along, and I couldn't just stop the car and re-enter the code, so I continued on with my journey, and when I reached my destination I re-entered the code as per normal. However, the radio just went dead at that point. It wouldn't move off the 'code' message. So I got the necessary tools to remove the radio, and replaced it with a more modern radio/CD player with a USB port as well for around £60. No code required, and I can now just plug in my USB stick with several hundred songs on it, and away it goes! The only downside was that I didn't spend lots of money on buying a unit that could communicate with the steering wheel controls, but I don't really miss it, to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom