W210 rear subframe bushs replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lynall

MB Enthusiast
Car
The silver one.
Done a quick search no joy hence this post.

My car clonks just once when floored from a standstill, had it over the pit and the left hand front bush on the rear subframe is worn.

Has anyone done these or have you paid someone else to fit them?.

Special tools required?

Ta
Lynall

It needs the subframe out or at least lowering as it goes in from above. It should be able to be driven out and a new one pressed in with use of a threaded bar.

Ah..BTW..Hi. :)

Thanks for the reply:) i will get a bush and see what i can sort out for a puller.

Only 13871 posts! :D

Lynall

Hi

I have done the frontmost rear subframe bushings. I didnt have the correct puller or tool. It was a pain but i got it. Basically i beat the sh*t ou of it to get it out the top with the subframe lowered. Didnt have to disconnect prop shaft from mem ory but did have a bottle jack under it to prevent too much starin on the donut. There are little bent over lugs on the top of the existing bushing that can be bent back, it is filled with oil and will empty its contents over you while doing it.
When putting the new bushings in you need rubber grease to help it glide in, one side i did i didnt use the rubber grease and it never really got home fully even with the full weight of the car and more on it.

When i bought my bushings i bought 2 only to discover that there is 2 in a kit so actually have 2 left if your interested. Genuine MB of course.

Yes def interested have you got a part number so i can check they are okay.

I will have to have a closer look tomorrow as i did not realise they had oil in them.

Lynall

Warm the subframe around the mount with a hot air gun or a gentle warm from a gas torch and the mount will come out a treat. When refitting spray the mount with pledge and use 2 sets of big waterpump pliers (you may need a freind to help you) and pull the mount in eaenly and at the same time. this works for me.

Warm the subframe around the mount with a hot air gun or a gentle warm from a gas torch and the mount will come out a treat. When refitting spray the mount with pledge and use 2 sets of big waterpump pliers (you may need a freind to help you) and pull the mount in eaenly and at the same time. this works for me.

Sounds sensible.

Yes def interested have you got a part number so i can check they are okay.

I will have to have a closer look tomorrow as i did not realise they had oil in them.

Lynall

The oil only comes out if they are removed by the disintegration method :D

Part no for the ones i have is 2103505808. £35 plus postage cant imagine it would be more than £3 or £4 postage whatever Royal Mail Charge.

Yes i would like the bushs how would you like me to pay you etc?

E-mail is [email protected]

alibally thanks for the fitting advice:D

I change bushs on trucks all day long and think nothing of it but hate fiddly stuff on cars:crazy:

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom