w210 reverse sw wire colour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tuscan_al

Car
S210 e430, w126 500se
Anyone have the diagram for the w210 wiring loom that plugs into the autobox selector, I want to find which wire if the one to the reverse switch so I can splice into it for my rear camera activation.

Thanks

It's the small twin plug that plugs into the rear of the selector. iirc the wires might be grey.

thanks, any other wire colours known to be related to the reverse, I was thinking maybe even using the illumination from the selector lights?

I added a reverse camera to one my cars. I picked up power at the tail lights. When the reverse lights are activated, so is the camera.

I added a reverse camera to one my cars. I picked up power at the tail lights. When the reverse lights are activated, so is the camera.

Yes I did that for the camera end, but its a wireless camera and the HU has a reverse wire to flick it to the relevant av channel. So I want something dash end on the Reverse line to activate it.

Just t oupdate, the grey/green wire provides 12v when reverse is selected. I used this for the Head Unit AV selector, now soon as I select reverse, the camera is displayed :)

Just to check...

I'm hoping to fit a wireless camera in my '99 E240. I think you may have solved my problem. Is this how to do it:
1. Mount the camera.
2. Connect the camera/transmitter to the positive lead of the reversing light.
3. Connect the Head Unit AV lead via the connector to the Grey/Green lead in the loom.
4. Connect the receiver to the red lead & AV input.

Many thanks

Paul

p.s. what camera did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom