W210 Rust [at the risk of being boring]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShinyF1

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 Audi S5 Cab, 2000 E320 CDI Estate [now gone] , 2010 Mini Cooper Convertible
Just cleaned the green hearse and on close inspection, can see that the 3 of 4 wheel arches - with a strong suspicion about the 4th - have succumbed to the dreaded rot on the inside lip. And I thought I had a fairly clean example...

It just shows that rust on these is not a matter of 'IF' but 'WHEN'. Will pop along to my local MB Bodyshop and will report back on progress. Mine is 8.5 years young now so I don't hold out too much hope.

It has been to Purslow Guildford twice for rear tailgate and rear door tops who have been perfectly helpful with no fuss - should I stick with them or try my local, MB Chelsea? Anyone have any experience of MB Chelsea?

Thanks

Sean

Took car to Purslow who have called back today saying that MB will pay for 48% of the repairs leaving me to pay £450+VAT - car older than 8 years hence not fully paid.

Took car to Purslow who have called back today saying that MB will pay for 48% of the repairs leaving me to pay £450+VAT - car older than 8 years hence not fully paid.

I had a similar result, MB wanted a 45% contribution for my repairs (£800 + VAT). My car is now booked into a local bodyshop to have both rear arches attended to for £260+VAT!

If I could prove the rust was going from the inside... out, and I had complied with all the terms and conditions of mobilo, I wouldbe demanding they dealwith this issue as per their warranty :)

Last edited:
I have the same problem only more progressed (being a 93 car, its no suprise) but owning a much much cheaper car means Im gonna try and see what results I can get doing the work myself, if I screw it up then I'll get a bodyshop involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom