W210 Rust Free Keyed :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nadeem

Car
E320 CDI Avantgarde 02
Hi,

Friday night noticed my car keyed drive side, full length of the car not once or twice but three bloody times. It's so upsetting as I've only owned the car for under 4 weeks and is completely clean and rust free. For the sake person I hope I don't find him/her :mad:

First thing I did was to treat the scratches using Turtlewax Chipstick. Followed by 3 sessions of colour polish. Check out the videos of the damage and initial treatment.

Video One

Video Two

Video Three

Photos to follow

Last edited:
Nightmare mate. Hope you reported it to the Police.

We had that done to a previous car.
My wife only left the car for 15 mins in a local car park whilst she collected some passport photos of the kids. The car park served that business and the car was parked away from others so it was just malicious damage. Car in wrong place at the wrong time and and it was keyed the entire length on one side - and then back again on the final panel. Gutted.

We reported it to the Police and they checked for CCTV (none active on that area) and canvassed local businesses overlookng the car park. No info, but some comfort they tried.
I got a local bodyshop I know are very good to sort it. They did a brilliant job making the car like new so it was easy to forget the damage - but not the incident. I sympathise with how you feel because I would still love to have a little chat with the moron that keyed our car.

Sorry to hear that. Had my previous car keyed along the bonnet, very very annoying.

This is not petty crime, it is far worse, in my view. When people still or mug at least they get in return something they can actually use or sell, right or wrong (well, obviously wrong...). But keying is an act of mindless vandalism by someone who does not engage with society in any shape of form - and these people when they grow-up (assuming they are youth now) are very unlikely to ever become productive members of a civilised society.

Hope it gets sorted :thumb:

thats terrible!
need a security light or three and some cctv cameras... (assuming it was done on the drive at home)
hope you get the car sorted without too much trouble mate.

hi nadeem

Jesus that's terrible what a sight to come out to see. Sadly its a sign of our times with some people attitude " that looks nice and I dont have it so sod them " scratch scratch scratch

hope it wont cost too much to get put right

regards

brendan

That, i am afraid to say, is an expensive fix. Ideally you would need all the panels resprayed. You may be able to get a Smart repairer to make it look better but that'll be hard work to fix. Insurance may be your best port of call..

Cheers guys and yes these people will live off our tax payers money. So far i've applied 5 coats of colour polish from distance you can't see the damage... This weekend im hoping to sand down the roughs then hopefully it will finally blend in. I can't afford bodyshop repairs at the mo. I'd go through my insurance but will lose my 3 yrs no claims and increase premiums...

Hi,

I've only owned the car for under 4 weeks and is completely clean and rust free. For the sake person I hope I don't find him/her :mad:

Didn't realise there was such a thing as a rust free W210!!!:dk:

Anyway, sorry to hear your bad news so soon into MB ownership.:(

It's a total sickener when some scrote does that to your car. :mad:
In many ways I'd almost prefer to have it crashed into, at least then you feel justified claiming it on the insurance.

Like you say though, probably best if you don't catch him.

Gutted!!!
Some people are animals.....

If you catch the geezer send him my way - he can key my rusty W208 as much as he like as it wont make much difference.....

24 VRT said:
Didn't realise there was such a thing as a rust free W210!!!:dk:

Anyway, sorry to hear your bad news so soon into MB ownership.:(

Hehe mate i've had 4 w210 and this my first with zero rust. Most likely the previous owner had it all repaired n cleaned... This weekend i'll apply several more layers of polish and will hopefully look new :) thx all...

Gutted for you Nadeem, really horrible people around. I mean what sick mind does that to other people's property. Hope you manage to sort it without too much pain.

ohh no...I would kill for this...
someone jumped over my skoda last year...damaged bonet, roof...no good feeling indeed..

That is so mindless, really feel for you,hope you get a good result repairing the damage.

Thats an absolute disgrace!!!! Really sorry to hear that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom