W210 Rust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gugs86

Car
2007 W221 S320 CDi, 2001 W210 E200K Avantgarde, 2002 VW Golf 1.6 SE MK4
Hello i have a W210 and its got so much rust on it i am wondering if there's any way to get rid of the rust and have the car back to normal it looks bad

For a 210 thats about par for the course. Thats all fixable but what matters is what the structure is like. Check the subframes, behind the rear bumper, tops door behind the rubber. If all good then the cosmetics are probably worth doing. Unfortunately most have serious hidden rot.

From the pics its not that bad, but would need doing properly were you thinking of doing this yourself ?

i wasnt thinking to do it myself i wanted to find out whats the best way for it to be done for the best price

i wasnt thinking to do it myself i wanted to find out whats the best way for it to be done for the best price

There is only one way to deal with it and thats have it done properly
I have done many like this including my own car owned of nearly 5 years now and I use a special process involving treatments and using Epoxy primers unlike most bodyshop repairers.

scratch off loose rust, treat with jenolite. Blend hammerite as best you can to match colour mine is dark metallic blue and it is suprisingly good - not obviuos. Apply two thick but not runny coats the second after 24 hours. My wheel arch edges have all lasted a year without any bubbles. previously same rust killing 2 coats of primer and 3 finishing coats and still bubbles after the winter. not this time It is amazing sfuff. There may be some etching primer for it to put real paint over it. Lastly do your damnest to get all roundit with waxoyl. waxoyl is not good where abrasion happens but hammerite is.

i read one of your previous threads clive on a wings rust repair, and you mentioned using epoxy anti corrosive primer, what your reccomendation as to make?

cheers

You can use a good quality Marine Epoxy primer from Awlgrip.com
545 Epoxy primer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom