W210 smoke issue after changing high pressure fuel pump seals.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luded755

Car
W210 320cdi
Hi,
Need massive help from you guys if possible please?

I have W210 320cdi. High pressure fuel pump started leaking. So I changed all the seals and it's fixed now. HOWEVER!! since then it's causing blue (ish) smoke. Before sorting the high pressure fuel pump it had no smoke issue at all. My question is has the rotar shaft of high pressure pump got anything to do with the timing? If so, how can I set it to the correct settings please????
Thank you.
Regards

No, timing is made only by electrical signal to injectors (according CPS reading).

Your repair must have woken some hidden fault, is engine running/idling smoothly? Any knocking sound? It could be an injector pissing into cylinder (perhaps got some dirt in system, happens easily).

See that EGR valve is working ok(vacuum lines, valve stem moving, sitting tight ).

Thank you for your reply. Idle is perfect and no knocking sound either. It is smooth but the white smoke.
Faulty injector was my first suspicion. Will get them all checked then.
Thank you again.
Regards

Caution!
Is the seal on the drive shaft leaking fuel into the engine. This cases oil dilution and blue smoke ,
Change your oil immediately and check to see if the symptom goes away.
Tuercas Viejas

As a footnote
Its is prudent to get your injectors checked by a Bosch FIE service centre .
These are know as ball and seat injectors and prone to wear on that mentioned ball and seat control.
In extreme cases this can lead to bore washing and eventual engine failure.
If you do remove them mark their individual position in the engine and refit the same. there are good technical reasons for that!
TV

Caution!
Is the seal on the drive shaft leaking fuel into the engine. This cases oil dilution and blue smoke ,
Change your oil immediately and check to see if the symptom goes away.
Tuercas Viejas

Before you do that, see if its fuel or engine oil you are burning. Blue smoke is engine oil.

Before you do that, see if its fuel or engine oil you are burning. Blue smoke is engine oil.

Yes correct estimado senor!
But if the oil is diluted with fuel it will burn the oil in the engine due of course by the induced dilution..
Tuercas Viejas

Oil & coolant seems to be fine. Thank you for your help guys. Appreciate it

I suppose it begs the question.
Is it still smoking?
Curious as usual
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom