W210 spacers / long screws for undertray / subframe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Erfan

SUPPORTER
Car
W211 E220 CDI Avantgarde '08
Does anyone know where i can buy the spacers/long screws to fix to the undertray / subframe to aid water not getting trapped? I got the part numbers from a site search but my dealer does not recognise them?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2 spacers A116 997 15 81

I suppose i could just use 6mm stainless screws but i wasn't sure how thick the spacers need to be. If i know this i could just get some from the diy store.

Thanks

Thankyou very much - they said it was an invalid part number.

I ve noticed a soffit plate part number A210 628 15 16

Does anyone know how this is attached with a pic? Does this go across the whole way across the subframe.

Was thinking of contacting MB for a Mobilo claim but fear too much time has passed?

I use 6mm bolts projecting down from the subframe and a rubber doorstop cut in half as the spacers.

Thanks.

Anyone know about the soffitt plate - size - how to fit etcc?

For anyone interested below is a sketch of the soffit plate - item 355

Attachments

• Soffit Plate.jpg
    Soffit Plate.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 33
It is the full width of that part of the subframe and needs welding on.

Thanks, would anything need to be unscrewed on the subframe etc.. or is it just place on the underside and weld away?

Cut off the old one, weld in the new...and rust protect it. Mine is all good to go as I did.

So you cut the same shape as the soffit from the bottom side of the subframe as opposed to welding it to the bottom base of the existing subframe?

The original one will be rusty. Cut the compete plate off and start again.

Thanks. Any recommendations for where to get this done. I wouldn't mind a second opinion on this and a general look at spring perches and the underside before committing to any work. I am in Maidenhead but could travel 50 miles

Apparently the soffit plate part number has changed from A210 628 15 16 to A210 628 15 16 05 - may be of use to someone for future reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom