W210 Suspension Re-Build Parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.A.94

Car
2001 Mercedes E320 CDI (W210) OM613
Looking to rebuild the suspension on my w210 e320 cdi.

Anyone know of decent aftermarket suspension parts, currently leaning towards lemforder for stuff like drop links and control arms, and possibly febi bilstein for bushes.

Second question, I'm not sure if I should go ahead and replace stuff like the front lower control arms, or just do the bushes. Reason I'm asking this is because I've heard horror stories of control arms snapping on people (mine don't look corroded so maybe i should sand back any surface rust and re paint?). I don't have any intetions of selling the car anytime soon as I've just had all the rust from the chassis grinded back to bare metal and metal welded in where needed, followed by a full underseal (obviously). So maybe I should just put new control arms in for peace of mind? :dk:

Re-bushing lower W210 wishbones is not a job for the faint hearted. Destroying the old bushes to get them out. and pressing in the new ones is
not easy.

you doing the front and rear?

I had a new pair of Lemforder and Febi front LCAs for sale for 18 months on here before selling them on ebay for £150.
Might still have some bits that could be of interest...

you doing the front and rear?

I had a new pair of Lemforder and Febi front LCAs for sale for 18 months on here before selling them on ebay for £150.
Might still have some bits that could be of interest...

Brilliant mate! Im doing front and rear bud. Do you wana drop me a message and we can sort something out? :)

Re-bushing lower W210 wishbones is not a job for the faint hearted. Destroying the old bushes to get them out. and pressing in the new ones is
not easy.

New arms then? To be honest I was going to take the arms off and then get a garage to press new bushes in for me as I don't have a press (or one of them wheel bearing removal thingys which a lot of people use to replace bushes)... If someone can confirm a brand of control arms which arent made off butter and are as good or better than oem then I will go down the route of replacing the arms.

Hello M.A.94,

I would like to know what bushes did you use and what arms did you replace at the font.

Thank You

Javed

not easy.

There's a tool for that which makes it super easy. But given that you can buy lower control arms with ball joints for not much more, it might as well do the control arms. Lemforder only if you're going aftermarket. Else you might be doing it again pretty soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom