W210 Turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnw210

Car
W210
Any advice Appreciated! 2001 w210 e320cdi, Started with a lack of power and odd noises from the engine bay, got home and parked up, the day after started it up and tones of whitish grey smoke coming from the exhaust and engine bay, was advised could be a hose split from the turbo, so Pulled all the covers off to check, and the gasket between the turbo and the cat is peeing out oil???? Any ideas.

Sounds very much like the turbo. Unusual as I can't remember ever changing one on a 613 engine

Turbo

Damn, might not be worth bothering with then :( Thanks for the advice fella, might sell for spares.

Why not? It's only a turbo. Get a second hand one, clean the exhaust and intake and carry on!!!!!!!!

Suspension Perch just fixed (complete blowout on the motorway doing 70), heater blower control fixed, rotting like a b$%$, dunno when to stop now!!!! but its part of the family now, complete workhorse, you might be right..... can you sense I am looking for inspiration to keep it on the road :)))))

It should be a Garrett GT2359V, can be found for under a £100 if you ask breakers on eBay, well worth replacing.

Suspension Perch just fixed (complete blowout on the motorway doing 70),

Unusual to go at speed as the front of the car goes lighter, they normally go at slow speed.
The doom mongorers would say you are incredibly lucky to be here...of course any engineer will tell you there was no danger at all.

The spring might have hit the turbo? came out with some force, took the exhaust out lol.

Sorry Dieselman, Just coming off, but a 60mph left hand slip road then it went, but scary, actually thought engine had gone

1999 to 2002 rot I have read?

Yes, they rot and rot well. That said 'rust' doesn't often leave you broken down at the side if the road, there's probably another couple of years' of cheap motoring in there yet. It'll almost certainly cost you more to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom