w210 uhi phone install...armrest question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AdamG

Car
W210 E240 yr 2000 (stolen), W220 S320CDI (2003)
Hi,

I'm in the process of converting my e240 to to take uhi phones with the bluetooth module.

I have taken a look at the parts catalogue and am unclear whether I can purchase just the phone "tub" and bolt it to my present armrest lid. Or do I have to buy the complete assembly lid and tub for £200 + VAT!!

Thanks for your help

Adam

AdamG said:
Hi,

I'm in the process of converting my e240 to to take uhi phones with the bluetooth module.

I have taken a look at the parts catalogue and am unclear whether I can purchase just the phone "tub" and bolt it to my present armrest lid. Or do I have to buy the complete assembly lid and tub for £200 + VAT!!

Thanks for your help

Adam

If you do not have an existing phone you will be up for a new "upper" piece where the arm rests.

miro said:
If you do not have an existing phone you will be up for a new "upper" piece where the arm rests.

so to clarify as i have no existing phone I will need to buy item 120. And can not get away with buying 160 and bolting it to my old lid. Obviously I would need a new tel. catch (130).

Thanks Adam
merc%20lid

AdamG said:
so to clarify as i have no existing phone I will need to buy item 120. And can not get away with buying 160 and bolting it to my old lid. Obviously I would need a new tel. catch (130).

Thanks Adam
merc%20lid

How do you know you need a new catch if you dont have one. I have changed several #120 and they seem to function just fine with the existing assembly.

It also comes with several attachment screws.

You may however also want the cabling channel that hides the place where the cabling enters from the underside. That is part #170.

That then means your felt piece #30 can be replaced or carefully modified.

AdamG said:
I had to do that with my W202 but I managed to get the parts from a stealership that had kept those parts in stock (incorrectly ordered years earlier) and I got them with some substantial discount (and I think a cheer as they left the shelves!).

There were 3 different kinds of clips for the W202 :)

miro said:
How do you know you need a new catch if you dont have one. I have changed several #120 and they seem to function just fine with the existing assembly.

It also comes with several attachment screws.

You may however also want the cabling channel that hides the place where the cabling enters from the underside. That is part #170.

That then means your felt piece #30 can be replaced or carefully modified.

Sorry Miro....what I meant was if I used my existing lid I would fit the double button catch. Do you think it is at all possible to modify my exisiting lid to fit the new phone tub (160). This would save me about £170 as I need the leather one.

Shude, thanks for the reply. I've been looking at one of your old post about modifiying your arm rest...useful photos.

AdamG said:
Sorry Miro....what I meant was if I used my existing lid I would fit the double button catch. Do you think it is at all possible to modify my exisiting lid to fit the new phone tub (160). This would save me about £170 as I need the leather one.

Shude, thanks for the reply. I've been looking at one of your old post about modifiying your arm rest...useful photos.

Why do you need the leather one ? *shrugs shoulders*

You could use a non-leather cover and still get the desired result knowing that wear and tear on that part of the car is somewhat higher than other interior components.

Personally I dont think the old lid can be converted but then it does not prove anything. It needs the intense effort of someone who will invest £1700 worth of time to prove it can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom