W210 water coolant sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart K

Car
E220 CDI Estate
Hi

I have a '02 E220 CDI Estate, recently the 'check water coolant' warning has randomly come on (some times a mintue after I start, other times after 30 or so minutes)

I hav checked the water levels and I keep a eye on the temperature and all appears to be fine. I'm guessing the senor has gone (this car has now done over 130K!). Question: Is this easy to replace myself (I'm not very machanically gifted)? Could any one give me some guidance?

Many thanks

Hi

I have a '02 E220 CDI Estate, recently the 'check water coolant' warning has randomly come on (some times a mintue after I start, other times after 30 or so minutes)

I hav checked the water levels and I keep a eye on the temperature and all appears to be fine. I'm guessing the senor has gone (this car has now done over 130K!). Question: Is this easy to replace myself (I'm not very machanically gifted)? Could any one give me some guidance?

Many thanks

Possibly A2105450024 - £11.63 from your local MB parts dept, best check on your chassis number though.

Easy enough to replace.

Mine has a expansion tank...

Sorry for the slow uptake, but is the sensor a scew in? Where is it.. I'm trying to take a look at the diagram..

Many thanks

it is a screw in. There is a top with 2 wires sticking out that need to come off. the it is a press in and turn left, like a pin bulb type action. it should besta on top of your tank or on top of the rad, beside the opening to pour coolant in

Yes, mine is the old model.. the W210. I thought the W211 came out in 2003. Any way, the sensor I need to replace is on the bottom of the tank I top up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom