w210 wheel bolt key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stefann

Car
w21o e320 cdi
hi guys!
im the new owner of a w210 320cdi from 2000. i dont have a wheel bolt key (picture attached) can you tell the difference between original and aftermarket lock bolts? i went to a dealer and said its aftermarket but i need a second opinion.
thanks

Attachments

• 20190129_162607l.jpg
    20190129_162607l.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 6
Hi,
A few months ago, my wheel nut "key " was damaged ( by using a windy gun ! ) so I went to the parts dept at MB Northampton. The chap there fetched out a box of about 30 labelled wheel nut keys and found the one I needed and ordered it up ...£37 as I recall. So if your dealers parts dept have told you that the security bolt is non MB then I would presume it to be non standard. From what I recall of mine, your one does not look like it, but who knows?
You have a few choices, ask the previous owner where it might be, have a really good look for it in the boot and any other cubby holes that are about, did you get a handbook or anything? sometimes people make notes of security bolt key numbers or else go to a tyre place and get them to remove all four security bolts and replace them with normal wheel bolts. Unless of course you have some very nice desirable alloys that someone might want to steal, then you might want to buy some new security bolts.

Steve.

I have had three W210s.
There are quite a few different security bolt patterns.
I'm pretty-sure that one of mine looked like that one.

thanks for your fast answer, i have checked in car and in handbook.no luck ..

Invest in a set of these, lock nut removal.jpg
Lock bolt removal set. Brilliant bit of kit.

thanks for your fast answer, i have checked in car and in handbook.no luck ..

It might still be worth checking every inch of the car - in a mercedes I bought at auction years ago, the wheel lock nut turned up in the first aid kit!

I have been out to the car and found my new security key. I now have to say it looks very similar to yours.
I think I would go back to the parts dept and ask someone to get the security key box and try each one until they find the right one. Or find another MB Dealer Parts Dept if they cannot be *rsed to do it.
Photo of my new key.

Steve.

S5032855a.jpg

I have had three W210s.

I have had three W210s.
I have been out to the car and found my new security key. I now have to say it looks very similar to yours.
I think I would go back to the parts dept and ask someone to get the security key box and try each one until they find the right one. Or find another MB Dealer Parts Dept if they cannot be *rsed to do it.
Photo of my new key.

Steve.

View attachment 83073
thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom