W210 wierd power issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ADR1AN

Car
2002 E320cdi, 2000 CLK 320, 116 VITO
Hello

I have a 2002 W210 E320 Cdi, it has also been remapped to 250bhp sport 2 years ago.

I've been getting some strange performance problems. For about a week the car was really lumpy when cold, once it got to temp it was fine. Then that issue went away and now when it's cold it drives like a beast until it gets to temp then it drives under powered. When I say under powered it does accelerate but like you would drive with your nan is in the car, there's no kick down or fast acceleration.

A bit of back ground, both engine mounts went on me, the drivers on had lost its bottom bolt which in turn ripped out the other one. This could have caused a pipe to split so I will be checking every thing over the weekend.

I'm hoping it is a split pipe but if anyone has had anything similar and knows what it could he please point me in the right direction.

Also I put it on my star and the only fault codes were

Common rail cold temp booster (been like that since Ive known the car)

Nematic suspension fault code.

So I don't think that's related.

Many thanks

Adrian

I had a 270 a few years ago that had blown the turbo pipe off. There was a popping noise and then flat as a witches.
Split pipe sounds like a possible good shout tbh.

Sorry cant be more help.

Fault code for cold temp booster.
Problems when it was cold. Now problems when it's warm.

Any chance the ECU can't tell when the engine is at temperature and is therefore getting confused about what it should be doing?

Good thinking on the car getting confused. I'll look into that. The cold temp booster is auxiliary heating for the cabin during winter months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom