W210 without an Alarm?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cherub

Car
E50 AMG
Hi Guys, I’m currently restoring a 1997 E50 AMG here in the Uk to give to my father in Spain. The car has a nasty aftermarket alarm that’s temperamental and I plan on ripping this out. From looking online I think the car hasn’t got any basic form of standard alarm? There are no sensors abover the seat belt attachments in the door pillars, or the button on the dash for tow away. Am I right in thinking that after the aftermarket alarm is removed I will be left with just the immobiliser built into the key?

Thanks!

Mine has an alarm, there is a button on the dash to disable it if the car is towed.

So would I be right in thinking if that button isn’t there the car has no alarm function at all?

You'll need someone who knows more to confirm it but it looks likely that's the case.

Have you checked the datacard? Mine showed option 551

551 ANTI-THEFT/ANTI-BREAK-IN WARNING SYSTEM

No 551 on the datacard, what year is your car? I was wondering what was standard in Avantgarde/AMG spec?

No 551 on the datacard, what year is your car? I was wondering what was standard in Avantgarde/AMG spec?

Mine was a facelift 2000 so I'm wondering if the pre-facelifts had an alarm as standard? Also, where is your car from? I don't remember there being an E50 for the UK market? Different countries have different specs.

It’s German spec but spent most of its life in storage in Japan. They only made them for 12 months before it was replaced by the E55. New keys have just arrived and it’s off to the auto electricians so let’s see what happens!

Here's the data sheet for mine, mine's a facelift 2000 with Aventgarde badges on the sideskirts, mine was ordered and bought in Germany as well.

Attachments

• 65477.jpg
    65477.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom