W210

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tolly

Car
2001 W210 E200K Avantgarde
Guys

I am going looking at a 2001 W210 E200 Kompressor Avantgarde Auto
It has 108000miles up on it and is reasonably priced

Any heads up? Like what should i be looking for and how is it as a car in general

Much Appreciated
Tolly

Check the usual....rust

On the 200 check that there is no blow from the manifold....not uncommon and a) the replacement part is expensive, 2) its a nasty job to replace and 3) the existing manifold cant be welded up as its a double skinned afair.

Other than that the W210 is a comfy old bus and capable of covering huge mileages....bodywork will give up before the mechanicals

I had a w210 E200
A lot of people say that the engine is not powerful enough.
Well it's no firebrand, but bearing in mind it IS only a two litre, it really is ok.
I understand that the heads can weep due to stretch bolt failure. Mine did, but seemed to cure itself.
Front spring mounts have been known to fracture
Cracking car with no airs or graces.

Oh, and did anyone say rust? Losts of rust.

Rust!
and more Rust
Front Springs along with rust lol

not sure is its a wagon or saloon , but if its a wagon then the rear light bulb holder i and other have found to be temperamental working one min and then not the other a quick play with the holder and fine for a a few months... still not worked out how to get around this other than changing it.

I cannot believe the crappy quality of the bodywork on these cars! but hey it will do moon miles

I had on of these , though it was a manual . I found the 2.0 litre engine was more that capable , infact a also test drove a 2.4 240 when I was buying mine and found there was no performance differance . I only had to issues with the car they where a failed rear bushing and an air recirculating flap .
The main issue with the 210 is rust , this was why I sold mine .

Well I looked at the car today and bought it.
There is not much rust, just a tad bit under the front arches. It has them crome arch linings so visually there is no rust :)
It will do me grand for a few years and then i will upgrade.

Thank you for the input lads

Ill put them up tomorrow or the day after :)

Check under the rubber seals on the doors for rust.

Only thing to look out for is rust round the arches and boot.

These cars are bullet proof, the only thing that lets them down is the rust, otherwise a great car.

My friends 2001 E55 had 130K on it before one of the front springs snaped, rears are still going at 132K, and he drives it hard!

Engine and gearbox run like it's on 40K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom