W210amg retrofit to w208

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys
Was thinking of fitting a front bumper from w210 e55 amg facelift one to w208 clk55
Does anyone know if that would be just fit and play or would that need some mods?
Thanks in advance guys

w210 is wider than w208 which is based on w202.
you have to modify a lot to make it fit.

if you check MBworld forum, there was a russian dude having a fire damaged C43, he put a w210 front bumper and other goodies on his c43.
car turned out AWESOME!!

here's a lot for you to read with some gory/monstrus pictures of his car

The new project - MBWorld.org Forums

now go find me a Brabus carbon steering wheel for my c43. :cool: :rock:

happy new year

Last edited:
I had a quick look and the part numbers are completely different so I would not say easily interchangeable

kowalski said:
w210 is wider than w208 which is based on w202. you have to modify a lot to make it fit. if you check MBworld forum, there was a russian dude having a fire damaged C43, he put a w210 front bumper and other goodies on his c43. car turned out AWESOME!! here's a lot for you to read with some gory/monstrus pictures of his car The new project - MBWorld.org Forums now go find me a Brabus carbon steering wheel for my c43. :cool: :rock: happy new year
Looks promising thanks for the link and it looks to me it will be an easy for 208 to fit that facelift bumper from e55 w210
If you won't try you won't know so I need to get hold on the bumper any direction points where to start looking for the bumper would be helpful
And I will give you a shout as soon as I found those Brabus wheels you are after
Thanks

Hi Astamir.

I have tried to attach a picture of a modified AMG bumper fitted to a W208 CLK in the US. It's a merge of the W208 upper section (so it fits the headlights and other stock fittings) and the W209 AMG bumper. I don't know how hard it would be to replicate his but I think it (and in fact the whole car) looks almost factory modified.

The other bonus could be that what you need in terms of donor parts could be two damaged bumpers which may not come at a premium. you just need a good bodywork guy......

Regards.
Greg

Attachments

• vipclk made bumper one off.jpg
    vipclk made bumper one off.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Did those plug removal tools ever come back in stock Astamir? I was only thinking about you today as I was in Ikea Tottenham where we did a parts exchange.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom