W211 (2003) CD changer/storage panel cover not opening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goseba

Car
E270
Hi,
The panel with the hazard light switch on which opens for the storage compartment or cd changer will not open. Possibly linked to this is the audio unit displaying the message 'Please Close'.

Could this be a fuse (and if so, any idea which one, I couldn't see any blown) or will a system reset do the trick? How about disconnecting the battery. I cannot hear any motor trying to operate.

I only got the car 2 days ago. The panel opened and closed once and that was it. Now it won't open and I have no radio display.

Thanks Tim

Fuse chart for a 211 is kept in the panel at the right hand end of the dash as revealed when the door is open. Prise the panel out and the fuse chart should be inside.

Goad only knows why they put it there ??????????:confused:

Thanks, will check tonight.

Just been reading through the manual again though and it says the panel will not open if the cassette tray is open.
I have the message on the radio saying 'Please close' but I don't know what more I can do to close the casstte tray. There is no cassette in the unit and the black plastic panel is in place.
Am I missing something here? Sounds like something obvious.

Update - Solved the 'Please close' issue, the cassette tray cover wasn't seated properly.
However, the panel still won't open again so looks like these were separate issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom