W211 2005 Door Mirror Glass Wiring Dimming to Standard Conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elsaetka

Car
E 220 CDi
Hi, the rear mirrors on my 2005 C220 were not de-misting, so I bought two replacements only to discover the previous owner had fitted replacement glass to each side which were the standard 2 pin.
My car has a black push connector which looks like 3 pin so is no match for the standard 2 pins on the glass, hence the wires had just been stuffed into the back of the housing.
I looked into it and Mercedes inform me my car has heated auto dimming glass and the want a mortgage for new ones. (They must be gold plated and decked with diamonds given the price :eek:).
I'm fine with standard heated mirrors so can someone please explain or point me in the direction of how I tweak the connections to the two terminals on the standard mirrors.

Many thanks

Hello and welcome , as far as I know only the drivers side dims , both are heated (left side only has two tiny push connectors on the back of the glass) And don't forget w203 C class were (are) notorious for weak wiring to the folding mirror , the heating wire is often the first to go.

I had to repair the wires on mine and generally speaking most W203 owners who have had to make this repair thererafter only fold the mirrors if they really have to.

Put a multi meter on the heating element pins to see if there is a resistance or open circuit before buying new mirror glass.

Yes, very much so. The W211 is notorious for wiring faults in the mirror assemblies if auto-fold is used all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom