W211 (2006) E320 CDI Front Discs Calipers And Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercious

Car
E320 CDI Auto Estate
In the next few months I'm hoping to replace the front discs, calipers, pads and flexible brake lines on my 2006 W211 E320 CDI Estate.

At present the set up is as the car came from the factory as new. Considering the age of the vehicle, I don't want to go overboard but I might as well go for something better if it isn't too expensive. The pads will soon be worn out and I expect the discs will be shot. The last time I had pads fitted the fitter messed up with one pad retaining pin on one caliper and this caused the pin to work its way out and elongate the hole in the caliper. This seemed a bit strange because I believe the calipers are cast. Anyway, the damage was done and my local garage drilled a new pin and put a circlip in it.

So the brakes have been fine and I've had no problems, but if I'm going to have to replace the pads and discs I thought I'd go the whole way and have a better set up. I'm not looking for performance kit, but could anyone advise me on the best basic set up?

Last summer I had the whole inlet ports job done so my car is possibly one of those older W211s that is relatively carbon free with a new actuator, cleaned up butterfly valves, new glow plugs and associated work. The car is still going well and has done 130,000 miles and I'm planning to keep it for another three years.

Re the front brakes I want ideas on:
Calipers,
Discs/rotors,
Pads,
Flexible brake lines (caliper to rigid line).

And anything associated with the job that I've not considered.

Makes and an overall price for parts would be good.

Thank you in advance.

Thought I'd better mention that the car has the SBC braking system and the wheels are 16in diameter and will remain so. Standard set up.

You’ll get options and prices on Euro Car Parts.

google is a great thing

Stock on my car 345mm cross drilled and ventilated Brembo discs can be found surprisingly cheap and obviously work well being OEM , your discs must be similar in size. Try MB first you might be surprised at the cost , calipers can be removed and re furbished, including the elongated hole.then look to Brembo. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom