W211 2007 audio 20 replacement.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boxer 01

Car
w211 e320cdi sport g7 with paddleshift
Hello everyone,
My Audio 20 system needs replacing as I really only listen to Dab plus nowadays. I have been looking at the android units on ebay and alibaba but installation advice is very confusing, I believe having a fibre optic amp means running a cable from the head unit to the amp in the boot. I removed my unit and there are two orange cables and when I took the plug off unit one was lit up red in it's center does this mean I have an optical amp somewhere, and if anyone knows of a way of getting dab plus to work on my existing system I would be glad to hear it.
Thanks

Give “command online” a ring they know all things MB audio (they are in Lightwater,Surrey

I did phone command online and there is no easy way of streaming dab off my phone without major alterations to my current system. So I have splashed out on a Bluetooth FM transmitter off Amazon and it's absolutely brilliant. Works flawlessly and I can get maps talking through my speakers. I got one where the surrounded lighting could be turned off on it as they can be quite bright.

Did you get given a ballpark figure to replace Audio 20 with an Android unit? I've also got a FM transmitter at the minute and it's decent but I was thinking about swapping in an android unit for better usability and syncing with my phone.

Did you get given a ballpark figure to replace Audio 20 with an Android unit? I've also got a FM transmitter at the minute and it's decent but I was thinking about swapping in an android unit for better usability and syncing with my phone.
I was told the Chinese android units aren't very reliable, and I wasn't given a figure because they wanted to see my car, but I got the impression it would've put a dent in my wallet. The transmitter suits me fine as I never listened to FM anyway. Hope you get sorted, but don't rush into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom