w211 2007 cylinder number.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boxer 01

Car
w211 e320cdi sport g7 with paddleshift
hi i have recently been experiencing a glow plug fault, when plugged in to diagnostic, no2 cylinder glow plug is showing faulty i was hoping someone would explain how the cylinders are numbered looking from front of car.
regards
boxer :confused:

Unless I am mistaken the cylinders are normally numbered from front to back, of course, this can get complicated on a 'V' but I would still go with it unless someone on here can explain differently.

glow plug replaced and fault light still on fault now with the relay. i was wondering where the relay is located on my w211 e320cdi is it easily accessable, i was thinking of getting one from mb and replacing it myself. any advice will be appreciated
regards
boxer

Not too sure on your car but on all the ones I have had it is located on the top of the wing on the same side as the glow plugs. Should be fairly accessible, but it will have a fairly hefty live feed to it which really needs to be dead before you try to change the relay.

its a v6 ? so which side of the engine compartment am i looking at or is it in drivers side wheel arch. can someone please help
thanks

obviously on this forum nobody knows where this relay is located which is bizzare therefore i will end this thread on a disappointed note.
regards
boxer

Apologies, never been able to afford a V6, have looked through my manuals etc and cannot find an answer to your question. You might like to visit your MB dealer and watch the screen while they look up the relay, it will not tell you how many there are but it may give you a clue as to where it (they) are to aid your search. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom