w211 2007 multiple electronic issues, related?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
A friend of mine has just been brought over from the dark side (m5 beemer) with a high mileage 2007 w211

weirdly, its v6, 7g, facelift, but has ntg1 comand....ie dvd in boot, dvd on dash, no card reader.

1. anyway, comand will not switch on with ignition, only 'on' button pressing. then it shuts down after the idle period with the 'switch on ignition ' message even though its being driven. my code reader cannot access comand at all. code reader works on my 2004 ntg1 comand fine.

2. gps is non functioning, its saying hes in manchester or something when he isnt, and isnt moving.

3. it has harmon kardon, but the sound is not impressive, amp? processor? boot subwoofer dead?

4. cd changer wont open

5. tyre pressure monitor unresponsive. error on dash. code reader cannot access module

6. rear self levelling error on dash. my code reader says 'pressure relief valve open circuit'

7. boot is damp smelling. its not the rear squirter leaking, like mine was. not sure if thats seller with smelly dog etc?

8. steering wheel controls dont control comand, but do control dash.

no fuses in boot, dash side, or bonnet blown.

any ideas?

:fail hk issue was fixed by turning it on under the 'sound ' menu option.....

1 hour battery disconnect hasnt changed anything, except the dash said 'nav... waiting' instead of 'nav ---'. nav itself 'works' in that it can be input a destination and it calculates a route.

Why did he buy a car with so many faults?

its basically one big fault, all comand related, except the levelling, which is the only one my code reader can interrogate.

canbus plug has come out of agw in boot now can talk to the agw. it reports that the MOST ring was open at component #3. that might have been us mucking about with the plug on the back of comand. code cleared and it hasnt returned.

turns out theres no cd changer, weirdly, considering it has harman.

updates to help anyone with similar issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom