W211 2008 command amp upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abdul

Car
C63
Hi folks

Just bought a nice E320 Cdi 2008 model with command but not HK.

I'd like to keep the factory headunit for now at least and add an amp and aftermarket speakers and subwoofer.

Can anyone advise If the command is powering the standard speakers or if there's an amp in the boot I can splice into for signals.

Thanks

Oh and does anyone know where I might find the correct PIN number to pair my phone with the MB4 Bluetooth cradle? Many thanks!

Viseeo MB4 is either 0000 or 1234

2008 was the changeover year. If your COMAND has a SD card slot and green/red phone pickup/hang-up buttons then it is a Model Year 2009 with NTG2.5, otherwise it is a NTG1 system

NTG1: has an amp in the boot (its a tuner and amp and fibre-optic controller).
NTG2.5: the amp is in the head-unit itself

In the case of NTG2.5 you'll have to add an external amp. In the case of NTG1 you could either do that, or we could replace the standard amp with a HK amplifier and then add a subwoofer driven from the HK amp ! (and turn of surround sound as you'll have no surround or centre speaker)

Or you could add an external amp and a powered sub-woofer.

The speakers themselves are pretty awful, so you do need to consider changing at least the fronts (and the HK amp will likely blow up the old ones if you crank it up too far for too long)

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard

It's definitely NTG1.

Plan is:

Add 2 amps, one for the components (which I will change) and one for the subwoofer.

I don't want to add HK or anything, ive heard it before and it's not great.

At a later stage I want to add an audison but one to de equalise the factory headunit and allow me to go active. I have morel mt23 tweeters to go in and 7" Hertz Mille legends. Amp wise i have an audiosystem f4-380 which will run the front end passive for now until I add a processor at which point I'll go active. I would change the command unit but aesthetically it's a no go for me.

The MB4 part no I have is B6 788 0000. Can't seem to find the pin code to pair it though.

Many thanks

Fair enough. Well, speaker outputs from the existing (low power) amp are in the boot, left side, between inner and outer wing.

You have a Mercedes HFP. Pairing code is 62872 (remember it has to be put into pairing mode first by holding the bottom of the fascia down - its a "hidden" button)

Cheers
Richard

Many thanks Richard Bluetooth is up and running!

I'll try and update this thread or make a new one with my progress once I get started with the install.

In your experience would something like an audiocontrol lc2i suffice?

Many thanks Richard Bluetooth is up and running!

I'll try and update this thread or make a new one with my progress once I get started with the install.

In your experience would something like an audiocontrol lc2i suffice?

We tend to use the JL FIX product. Don't know the audio control i'm afraid

The Morel tweeters are superb :)

R

Fair enough. Well, speaker outputs from the existing (low power) amp are in the boot, left side, between inner and outer wing.

You have a Mercedes HFP. Pairing code is 62872 (remember it has to be put into pairing mode first by holding the bottom of the fascia down - its a "hidden" button)

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard, can you clarify the hidden button bit please?

I'm pretty sure that i have the same version of COMAND, did I not need to buy a Viseoo adapter?

The Mercedes HFP adapter is like the Visseo Bluetooth adapter but costs more
Both have a button to enter pairing mode
On the HFP it's far from obvious that the bottom section of the face is in fact a button/switch

R

The Mercedes HFP adapter is like the Visseo Bluetooth adapter but costs more
Both have a button to enter pairing mode
On the HFP it's far from obvious that the bottom section of the face is in fact a button/switch

R

Ah, got you.

I thought for a moment that mine would have BT built in and I'd wasted my money on a Viseoo thing.

As you were.

One more query if you don't mind Richard...

In engineering mode on the ntg1 I've read somewhere that you can change settings to defeat the factory equaliser and the speed sensitive volume.

Is this correct?

Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom