w211 2008 e-class navigation module question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fraggles

Car
2008 E220 avantgarde estate
Hi there, wondering if there's any advice out there for a problem with the navigation module in the boot of my E-class.

It failed a week or so ago, so I thought I would try and track down a replacement. phoned Synter in Bristol and they quoted a whopping £3015 - yes that's 3 thousand, not a typo! so off to ebay I went but I cant find an exact match for the various numbers on the part number sticker.

This is the part number sticker from the unit in my car

20140728_124104 by _Fraggles_, on Flickr

And this is a part I found on ebay

20140728_132945 by _Fraggles_, on Flickr

as you can see the association number and serrial numbers are different but the rest seem the same. I wonder if anyond could shed some light on these part numbers of if you know if different models of the navigation module will work on my command unit?

Many thanks

The eBay part should be OK. It is the part that has been replaced by the part you currently have. The complete sequence of replaced parts is (starting from the oldest):
A2208703589
A2118708926
A2118705226
A2118701085
A2118705785
A2118706085

The latest part would always be best but all should fit.

Thanks for the advice guys, could be due to the disk I'm using, both the old that was in the car when I got it and new disk had trouble loading, I had to load them maybe a dozen or so times before the nav module would take em and keep them in. was just ejecting them each time I put it in.

Thanks for the advice guys, could be due to the disk I'm using, both the old that was in the car when I got it and new disk had trouble loading, I had to load them maybe a dozen or so times before the nav module would take em and keep them in. was just ejecting them each time I put it in.

Have you tried a DVD laser cleaning disk? Or taking lid of and cleaning laser with cotton bud and surgical spirit?

R

Have you tried a DVD laser cleaning disk? Or taking lid of and cleaning laser with cotton bud and surgical spirit?

R

I would but the nav mod is not even powering on. Cant eject the disk. Ive had the lid off but dont have the right hex type bit to get the screws undone. If I leave the unit out the whole audio system doesn't work so im kinda forced to leave the broken part in place. If I go to nav in command aps it just say navigation unavailable. It was very hot when it broke. Didnt smell burning tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom