W211 2008 Low tone horn?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

selphy

Car
Mercedes E220CDi
I got my first Merc, a 2008 E220CDi Avantgarde a few months ago. I tried the horn for the first time the other day and was surprised that it is only a single high tone which doesn't really suit the car at all. Is it supposed to have a low tone horn as well?

Thanks

Hi and wecome.
Yes its only a single high tone horn.but doe`s its job,
Dont worry people will see you in an E class.

I got my first Merc, a 2008 E220CDi Avantgarde a few months ago. I tried the horn for the first time the other day and was surprised that it is only a single high tone which doesn't really suit the car at all. Is it supposed to have a low tone horn as well?

Thanks

Seems to be more cost cutting..
My previous 2005 C270 cdi had twin horns and they sounded MUCH more like they should..
My E class also has a single tone horn..
I am thinking of ordering the twin tone ones as for my previous car..

I read elsewhere that the low tone horn is not fitted in front of the radiator but is somewhere lower down behind the bumper. Can anyone point me to the right place so I can

1. Check if there is actually one fitted
2. Check if wiring is in place so I can fit one easily
3. Assess the mounting requirements so I can opt for a cheap aftermarket (e.g. Ring) version since MB want £42.60+VAT.

I fitted an aftermarket low tone horn to my other car (a Panda) and used a separate fused feed from the battery and an automotive relay to be on the safe side. Hopefully this won't be necessary on the W211 if the wiring is in place already.

Thanks

I was doing a quick oil change today so had a crawl around underneath and found there IS a low tone horn on my 2008 E220 Avantgarde. It is located under the nearside headlamp (RHD car). I found that this horn was actually the one that was working and it was the high tone in front of the radiator that wasn't.

I got the high tone working by fiddling with the adjustment screw. It's easier to take the horn off completely and connect a separate 12V battery to it whilst fiddling with the adjustment screw (the screw is covered with a rubber cap)

I'm all back to 2 tone glory now like Stuttgart intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom