W211 220 CDI Service Cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelE211

Car
E211 CDI 220 A/G
Just a quick note to say that I've just been quoted £545.19p for a standard "B" service from Tony Purslows in Basingstoke, I feel this is over the top? what is the norm.

Also, an extra £165.00p to change the brake pads!!!! the pads are only £38.00 per set from the spare counter!.

MichaelE211 said:
Just a quick note to say that I've just been quoted £545.19p for a standard "B" service from Tony Purslows in Basingstoke, I feel this is over the top? what is the norm.

Also, an extra £165.00p to change the brake pads!!!! the pads are only £38.00 per set from the spare counter!.

yep , W211 is a money pit when it comes to servicing.

What I normally do if I have warning that my pads or discs will need changing at say the next service, is source the parts (always OE) and they take the car to my local fast fit place. They'd probably charge me 20 quid for a set of pads.

Does anyone have an idea as to the approximate mileage that you get on pads and discs on a W211?

Fady said:
What I normally do if I have warning that my pads or discs will need changing at say the next service, is source the parts (always OE) and they take the car to my local fast fit place. They'd probably charge me 20 quid for a set of pads.

Does anyone have an idea as to the approximate mileage that you get on pads and discs on a W211?

22000 rear and 33000 front.:crazy:

But I had raced it round Bruntingthorpe.:rolleyes:

I was quoted about £600 for a B service by Canary Wharf.

Went over to Boulougne and paid €300 for the same thing at Groupe Gorrias.

I guess they'll charge a lot less for doing the brakes as well.

Even including the drive down to Dover and the ferry ticket (£25 return with Speed Ferries) I still saved a packet.

Filled up with cheap diesel, cheap wine and some chocolate on the way back...

MichaelE211 said:

It gets worse: The W203 C220 (same engine) will cost about £200 less for the same service. Yet they will take the same amount of time (usually 90 mins max), use the same consumables and carry out more or less the same checks.

You bought a car but are now paying for the M-B brand. We all do.

Anyone know how much for an e service please?

I got one due in 6400 miles

Thanks

steve

(ps I hear MB service + calling~!!!!>)

splang said:
Anyone know how much for an e service please?

I got one due in 6400 miles

Thanks

steve

(ps I hear MB service + calling~!!!!>)

My car is booked in for one on 1 July. I did ask at service reception what this entails, but was simply told that it's different for every car and it depends on what shows up when the car is plugged into their computer. Will let you know how big/small my bill is.

Crikey you have me worried now.
Mine is saying the next one is a G+ in 7K
I suppose I had better look at a remortgage now then!
On the subject of this thing about plugging the car in, ask them to do it before you committ to anything. I did this and went to another dealer and got the job done for £200 less and they were 30 miles apart!
It seems it's a bit of a lottery with what they charge, and actually do for that matter!
Oh well I still love the car!:crazy:

MichaelE211 said:

This is another advantage with the Service Plus contract. No shocks when it comes to servicing. If there's loads of othe stuff needs doing then it's covered.

GlynC said:

Exactly why the service costs are so steep: you pay through the nose and yet you are still happy. So no reason for MB to make an effort to offer any 'value' in the service they provide.

ddentrec said:
It gets worse: The W203 C220 (same engine) will cost about £200 less for the same service. Yet they will take the same amount of time (usually 90 mins max), use the same consumables and carry out more or less the same checks.

You bought a car but are now paying for the M-B brand. We all do.

The B service on my W203 C270 was £490 + £95 on brake pads.

GlynC said:
Crikey you have me worried now.
Mine is saying the next one is a G+ in 7K
I suppose I had better look at a remortgage now then!
On the subject of this thing about plugging the car in, ask them to do it before you committ to anything. I did this and went to another dealer and got the job done for £200 less and they were 30 miles apart!
It seems it's a bit of a lottery with what they charge, and actually do for that matter!

Yup - since they've not been able to tell me in advance, I am going to ask them to call me first before they undertake any work.

nickgee said:
I was quoted about £600 for a B service by Canary Wharf.

Went over to Boulougne and paid €300 for the same thing at Groupe Gorrias.

I guess they'll charge a lot less for doing the brakes as well.

Even including the drive down to Dover and the ferry ticket (£25 return with Speed Ferries) I still saved a packet.

Filled up with cheap diesel, cheap wine and some chocolate on the way back...
Do you still have contact for dealer etc?

Did you do it as a day trip? How did you organise the timing (e.g. contingency for delays and complications etc?).

Crikey, I have to really admire you guys. I would be going through many sleepless nights just knowing every few months an MB dealer is gonna be ripping me off, esp when I'm looking at F and G services.

This is one of the main reasons, I have not opted for new cars, well apart from the rust issues....

Have to say, I'm grateful for my W124. Its reliable, classy and a bit of a work horse, never moans, wine's and just keeps going with the min of service car.:bannana:

Why can't MB make dam good cars where cost of ownership is cheap...like the W124's anymore?

Fady said:

Had mine done on the front just recently (pads and discs) - 80% worn, 52,000 miles. Rears are fine.

To get the price down (if you don't mind feeling a bit "cheap" in the snazzy dealership):

Take standard service from MB but supply your own long-life, MB-spec-meeting oil (Halfords/Asda) - save at least £50.

Get MB to check the car at the service and detail all the "extra" work needed but not do it.

Use independent to do the extra work, insisting that MB parts are used - save 40-60% on the cost of this work and stay withinh warranty terms.

culpano said:
This is another advantage with the Service Plus contract. No shocks when it comes to servicing. If there's loads of othe stuff needs doing then it's covered.

Thanks for that. I agree with you.

I got a quote today of 1yr at £40+vat month and 3yr at £53 + vat month for the service plus...

What do you think? I imagine that £680 ish a year is reasonable for the 3 years as a service for an e500 may be more than that with brakes etc etc..

Thanks
Steve

splang said:
Thanks for that. I agree with you.

I got a quote today of 1yr at £40+vat month and 3yr at £53 + vat month for the service plus...

What do you think? I imagine that £680 ish a year is reasonable for the 3 years as a service for an e500 may be more than that with brakes etc etc..

Thanks
Steve

As I posted in another thread, my quote for 4 years on an E320CDI is £60.82 + VAT per month. I've signed up for that for the peace of mind that comes with knowing what the car's going to cost me and no surprises (apart from glass and tyres).

As you probably already know, friction materials and servicing are not covered for the first three months/3000 miles. Unless you do a large mileage, you still have a few weeks to make your mind up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom