W211 270 Estate... Suspension Air Chamber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Keep your old shot mb compressor as they can be repaired cheaply. Just in case your eBay job doesn’t last.

On a good diagnostic machine you can test pump efficiency. It only takes about 10 minutes.

Update:.... The pump is working well. The suspension is behaving as it should. I was supplied a relay to replace the OEM one in case it was iffy, but I'm unsure which relay I need to replace in the box under the bonnet.
AFAIK I believe it to be a green one, in a separate mount at the farthest rear point of the box, but it has different numbers, and the pins are different. I have a 4 pin to replace the relay, but as it all seems to be working OK, is it worth it?

Keep your old shot mb compressor as they can be repaired cheaply. Just in case your eBay job doesn’t last.
I still have it, and I did try to replace the seal and piston ring, but didn't seem to make a lot of improvement, hence the replacement.
The airline connection thread in the old unit is a bit igffy, so could do with a helicoil perhaps. But all the rest works, except the pressure of it... I might tear it apart to see if owt is amiaa inside tho...

I still have it, and I did try to replace the seal and piston ring, but didn't seem to make a lot of improvement, hence the replacement.
The airline connection thread in the old unit is a bit igffy, so could do with a helicoil perhaps. But all the rest works, except the pressure of it... I might tear it apart to see if owt is amiaa inside tho...
Hi, did you do all this without Star??

Cheers!

Hi, did you do all this without Star??

Cheers!

The pump rebuild kit is readily available online and is fairly straight forward - no STAR required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom