W211 320 CDI help me i have problem..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dvlx

Car
W211 E320 CDI
Hello colleagues,

I have an E 320 CDI in 2003.

today I changed the oil, but for a few days I have a click while I thought it was from the tires, today I realized that it comes when I supply GAS .. I don't know if it's from the engine or somewhere else ..

If I start the car and let it work, there is no problem .. When it is D I press the brake and apply the gas, a click is heard again .. when I am moving and just leaving, the click is heard more .. If I apply more gas, there is no click or at least it is not felt .. All this is heard while the windows are open .. If they are closed nothing is heard .. It is not some loud rattling, but more clicking something .. If I remove my foot from the gas there is no clicking if I press lightly it is heard again ..

What could be the problem? .. I hope it's not something serious .. I hope I'm not late with the oil change .. The car is mine for 3 months and I have not changed the oil on the gears .. before there was no such sound

Here is a video .. not the best quality but you can still hear something ..

In the morning, when I turned it on, by the way, it didn't seem to rattle until they reached 70-80 degrees .. when it reaches operating temperature, it starts .. ... and in small streets when doing the echo it is heard the loudest .. Otherwise inside the cabin it is almost not heard ..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Timing chain possibly.?

any other ideas? why this make only on D and why this make when is 80 degrees? can this is from automatic transmission?

Put car on ramps securely and have a listen and you ll find the source.
Your injectors not leaking? Take top engine cover off and see

i will check this solutions.. thanks.. if anyone have other idea please write.. thanks

Not sure if allowed to link to the other side but: link

My E320cdi from 2003 has had the same noise throughout my ownership and is is now up to 230k miles+ with no internal engine work. It has needed a couple of thermostats, injectors around 200k and preventative water pump, belt pulleys and tensioners. Alternator regulator expired recently but it keeps on trucking.

In short, the noise is nothing to worry about.

Not sure if allowed to link to the other side but: link

My E320cdi from 2003 has had the same noise throughout my ownership and is is now up to 230k miles+ with no internal engine work. It has needed a couple of thermostats, injectors around 200k and preventative water pump, belt pulleys and tensioners. Alternator regulator expired recently but it keeps on trucking.

In short, the noise is nothing to worry about.

i not understand you.. are you find solutions for this problem? i need check injectors? or need replace injectors or added some cleaner?

I believe the noise to be caused by a manufacturing tolerance issue, as per post 6. I have changed the full set of injectors on mine and the noise remained. It still makes the same noise as when I bought it.

I believe the noise to be caused by a manufacturing tolerance issue, as per post 6. I have changed the full set of injectors on mine and the noise remained. It still makes the same noise as when I bought it.
I read all threads maybe the problem will resolved when you reconstruction injectors.. again with new ecu.. some this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom