W211 320cdi remapping or brabus tuning box?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys
Wants a bit more power on my 2004 w211 320cdi and thinking about remapping or putting a brabus tuning box on it
Any advice would be very much appreciated
If you advising the box please state which model and if you know any good places in or around north London please leave or pm details
Thanks alot

I had the d6 on my e320cdi, mine was the facelift V6 so the D6 III model. I was very impressed, always map my cars but this was one of the best gains.

Not sure where you would fine one, probably best to keep checking ebay.

gIzzE said:
I had the d6 on my e320cdi, mine was the facelift V6 so the D6 III model. I was very impressed, always map my cars but this was one of the best gains.

Not sure where you would fine one, probably best to keep checking ebay.

Mine is just straight 6 engine

Maybe try the Speedhawk unit recommended by the guys at PCS? Try BHPlus to see if there is a unit for your vehicle.

Have a word with GAD tuning, they seem to be very happy to chat and give advice as to what options you have.
I personally had a D6III on my CLS and it was perfect, very very fast and still gave amazing economy.
But then I managed to get the Brabus box cheap, this time I want my new ML tuned I will be going to GAD and looking at the OBD tuning route.

Has anyone used angel tuning before? Tried to phone them to arrange the remapping no one answers the phone number. If any one used them before was it good?
Thanks

I think loads have used them.

When did you phone them?

Remember it is a bank holiday weekend.

Hi guys
Wants a bit more power on my 2004 w211 320cdi and thinking about remapping or putting a brabus tuning box on it
Any advice would be very much appreciated
If you advising the box please state which model and if you know any good places in or around north London please leave or pm details
Thanks alot

I had my 2003 E320cdi saloon chipped/re-mapped by Clive Atthowe in Norwich. It was a software upgrade to the ECU, nothing external showing. Cost was £395. What a difference, much faster acceleration and greater fuel economy by about 5mpg.
Its a short drive to Norwich , Clive is on the internet, book it in, you won't regret it.
Sure there are pleny of others that could do it, but he has a good reputation locally.

The Brabus box is probably worth it if a car is still under warranty / new (yours isn't), but even though I have a D6S on mine, I'd go to GAD next time around since they seem to get good reviews and are very helpful. If you can pick a D6III up off ebay for reasonable £££s, then it might be worth it, but also make sure to check with Brabus that it has the right SW version on it before fitting.

I would also think good remap should deliver a more complete improvement a than plug-in box, but the guys from GAD would no doubt be better qualified to advise you on that one.

Last edited:
The box option looks much expensive than the remap

Need a help on this please!!!!!
Found one brabus tuning box for w211 320cdi for the v6 engine would that fit my l6 engine?
Thanks

Need a help on this please!!!!!
Found one brabus tuning box for w211 320cdi for the v6 engine would that fit my l6 engine?

boxbrownie said:
99% sure that's a big fat NO.......

Thanks for that!!!!

developer215 said:
You need part number 211 736 000

The one that on eBay is 211 736 00 just double 00 is that a big difference?)))

developer215 said:
Primarily that it's the wrong number, unless the seller has made a mistake.

You could ask Markus:

[email protected]

Thanks for the email address contacted Markus and he said that the part number for mine would be 211 636 00
Thanks for the help

Thanks for the email address contacted Markus and he said that the part number for mine would be 211 636 00
Thanks for the help

So it was a NO then!!!! :rolleyes:

I think you will find it will be harder to find the box for the straight six, when I was looking for a D6 for my V6 I am not sure I saw any for the i6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom