W211 4.7kOhm resistor "fix" for M55 motor / intake manifold runner position sensor P2015 intake manifold runner position sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stocho

Hi,

Putting 4.7kOhm resistor as a "fix" for M55 mototor / turbo issues is often recommended. For my car it has "solved" error code P2015 intake manifold runner position sensor that was sending the car into a limp mode. (E320CDI 2007 Intermittent loss of Turbo Power | Engine)

What does this fix actually do and what does it affect? Is that M55 motor really adn equivalent of a human appendix - unneeded and problem-causing?

Is it a safe fix or will it damage the car in the longer term?

Is it possible to buy a socket with a resistor a at least just a socket to match that plug so that I could have a "proper" soldiered and fitted solution rather than a resistor dodgerdly stuck in and secured with electrical tape?

Hi,

Putting 4.7kOhm resistor as a "fix" for M55 mototor / turbo issues is often recommended. For my car it has "solved" error code P2015 intake manifold runner position sensor that was sending the car into a limp mode. (E320CDI 2007 Intermittent loss of Turbo Power | Engine)

What does this fix actually do and what does it affect? Is that M55 motor really adn equivalent of a human appendix - unneeded and problem-causing?

Is it a safe fix or will it damage the car in the longer term?

Is it possible to buy a socket with a resistor a at least just a socket to match that plug so that I could have a "proper" soldiered and fitted solution rather than a resistor dodgerdly stuck in and secured with electrical tape?
Get anywhere with this ? I have the P2015 code on my V6 OM642 in my Vito sport

Well the fault is intermittent. More history of my attempts to fix it is in:

Back in November I cut off the motor plug and connected the resistor to the wires using chocolate block - to ensure perfect connection. It did not fix the intermittent turbo problem.... then about a month ago the problem disappeared..... I fear it will reappear again in the future I just hope it happens in summer rather than in winter (as much more pleasant to do DIY in summer)!

I would not advise you to cut off the plug like I did in November, but you could just unplug it from the motor and put in 4.7kOhm resistor in to see whether it fixes your problem. There are several videos on youtube like this one showing how to do it:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've done this on an om642 and as long as the motor fails leaving the flaps open (its sprung so should) it will fool the ecu into thinking all.is well..mine was like it 2 years and saves the enormous job of pulling the intake manifold.
Just use a bigger wattage like 1w so the legs are thicker to push in to the plug

My resistor has been in for a couple of years now with no issues
Hi w1ghty what size resistor did you use for the plug I’m getting the p2015 code on my 3.0v6and van is in limp mode just wondered if this would solve it?also is it easy to do is there any you tube vids I can look at thanks

Hi w1ghty what size resistor did you use for the plug I’m getting the p2015 code on my 3.0v6and van is in limp mode just wondered if this would solve it?also is it easy to do is there any you tube vids I can look at thanks
I think @Accused is on the money with 1W , but it’s been a while since I fitted it

Thanks just put one in today 4.7 think it’s taken it out of limp mode but still not changing gear or selecting manual mode elm light is still on but I can put my foot down and it will pick up straight away but still got the gear change issues also got the abs/wheel sensor lights on just wondering if this could be the issue or do I change the plate in gearbox with the speed sensors do you know of anybody that has had similar issue thanks again

What are the codes now. Dont tell me P3353 P833736 P78374683476948350349, but a description...

Well Gary do you have any sort of diagnostic tool,you need to be able to cancel those codes and see what ones come back.

I did the resistor mod for the intake runner motor last summer when it failed on a family holiday putting me in to hard limp mode.

I used these ones eBay linky

just be sure to pick the 4K7 option :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom