W211 a credit card fell inside dashboard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxima

Car
W211
Apparently (after 13 yrs of use) my merc has a gap between windshield glass and the dashboard. I left my main credit card on the dash and it slid inside.

Whats the easiest way to extract it?

Id just cancel the card, the amount of work/cost to either remove the windscreen or remove the dash will be vast.

There is a gap/pocket between the dash and the adhesive that bonds the windscreen, the gap is deeper at the centre than the sides.
The picture shows the bottom of the windscreen area before the glass was fitted on a W202, your car might be a similar set-up.
It should be possible to fish out the card with something like 2 long piece of cardboard by attacking the card from both sides.

Dec

See... http://imgur.com/a/mX79Q

mX79Q

it fell about 3-4 inches from the right edge.. but I cant see it from inside the car.. will try tomorrow from under the bonnet..

extra long surgical tweezers if your that worried about it? I have some for my fish tank for feeding corals etc.

extra long tweezers | eBay

Take the panels off under the dash, you can see right up there in places but I say it will fall out the bottom unless its stuck on the sound deadening.

thanks everyone.. crisis is over :)

yeah I thought of tweezers myself :) found some and pulled it off!

4 inch long only but did the work. the most difficult part was to do it blind cos there is no way to even push a phone camera - the angle is too steep. and the glass completely blackened down there to look from outside..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom