W211 abs esp warning message

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcsailing

I have been out in my estate w211 today and when i started it a warning came on the cluster ESP ABS defective visit workshop I have have had this once before and and it seemed to correct its self does anyone know what this could be

Thanks

Mike

The abs is voltage sensitive and needs a certain minimum voltage during the 'self check' it performs on start-up, so it might be initial low battery voltage which picked up once the engine/alternator was running, or, if not the battery voltage, it could be a faulty brake light switch, the bls has double contacts inside which control various esp/abs linked functions.

Do the battery voltage check, I will try and find the link that tells you on the dash.

abs esp warning lights

Tahnks to everyone for the replies

I will give that a try

Mike

I never had that prob before i had a new battery, most prob i had was dim instrument cluster.

Had this on my o2' 211 and it's also fixed itself. Diagnosis pointed toward a new sensor. However, prior to going down the sensor route someone (might have been on here) suggested changing the Brake light switch at the pedal as it's dual pole and sometimes not coming all the way back out means the sensor is not getting voltage...

Bought mine from Europarts and the problem went away a week later, but if it comes back, then this will be my first port of call!

Hi. All that things didnt help me. I found one more problem, that caused that fault and the same message on cluster. it was impulse ring on left rear driveshaft which was damaged by rust. Replacement sorted out my problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom