W211 accelerator pedal rubber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
How do I remove this? I want to fit the sport pedal cover but cannot see how to get the bottom of the pedal off.

Thanks.

I cut mine off with a stanley knife.:D You only need to slice the bottom of the rubber and it comes off. It won't be needed again anyway.

I cut mine off with a stanley knife.:D You only need to slice the bottom of the rubber and it comes off. It won't be needed again anyway.

I still havn't got round to fitting mine, got sports pb and brake pedal and rubber accelerator LOL... It's a sunday job for me too lol

The accelerator sports pedal rubber is the most awkward to fit properly but warm the rubber up (hairdryer for a couple of mins ) on that one and it goes on easily.

Don't all 55ks have the alloy pedals with the black rubber dots. Is that what you mean by sports pedals or is there something else

^ They are plain rubber from the dealers.
Sports pedals have the aluminium faces which are aftermarket

I've only ever seen them in ally/silver with black rubber dots like mine. Every days a school day.....

I've only ever seen them in ally/silver with black rubber dots like mine. Every days a school day.....

I think the newer years have sports
^ They are plain rubber from the dealers.
Sports pedals have the aluminium faces which are aftermarket

You can get OEM Sports pedals. The part numbers are:

A 170 290 01 82 : brake pedal pad
A 230 430 00 84 : parking brake pedal pad
A 170 300 00 04 : Accelerator pedal

Yep, yours are aftermarket too unless they started fitting them as standard on the CLS.

I think they must have as my original MB CLS brochure lists under standard equipment for the CLS 55 " stainless steel pedals with rubber dots"

I think they must have as my original MB CLS brochure lists under standard equipment for the CLS 55 " stainless steel pedals with rubber dots"
can you feel a difference when trodding on them? :D

Not much. Bit more grip on your shioes/ trainers but 80% cosmetic I would say. They do look good though.

How did you slide the new cover on - cut bottom as well?

OP, the right way is to remove the pedal assembly, undo the pin holding the pedal at the top and slide the new cover over.

Thanks Alex. I'll have to have a look how the assembly comes off.

The new cover already has a cut out for the bottom.

It shouldn't need cutting at all, pin comes off allowing old rubber to slide off :)

How did you slide the new cover on - cut bottom as well?

OP, the right way is to remove the pedal assembly, undo the pin holding the pedal at the top and slide the new cover over.

As Mr Dog below, the new assembly comes with a cutout at the bottom to slip on. I can see it would be easier doing it the correct way and removing the pedal.

The new cover already has a cut out for the bottom.

Simple job so long as you're not doing it in the middle of winter!

The pin comes out, only take seconds then the cover just pulls off upwards.

5 minutes tops :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom