W211 Aftermarket Head Unit Problems Please Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hayabusa1984

Car
2003 E320 CDI Avantgarde Estate, 2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
Hi everyone I've hit a wall with fitting my AVH-X3700DAB head unit I've plugged it all in using the adaptor kits and it's not working I plugged my old head unit back in to see if I blew a fuse but it works fine and I've checked the fuse on my new stereo.

Well I've just bought an adaptor plug but yellow and red wires match up plus I'm getting voltage right at the end where it plugs in the head unit.

You need a can bus adapter, may as well get one that is a steering wheel adapter.

The ignition switched signal is sent over can bus, so you need the adapter to get it to turn on.
You could find an ignition switched 12v from the fuse box and run a wire too it, however you will be missing speed pulse, illumination etc so might as well spend £30 on the right adapter and get it all integrated properly.

Well I've managed to get it all working I'll buy the steering wheel controls after the weekend but now my stowage compartment won't open or close but the hazards, rear wiper, locks etc all work just not the motor to ipen the drawer any ideas?

The storage compartment got its signal from the old head unit, once you remove it it no longer works.

We got around this on my install by rerouting the necessary connections and putting the headunit behind one of the panels in the boot.

There was another way to keep it, but can't find the link now.

Great thats a shame I liked to keep my sunglasses in there -_- problem I got now is the default speaker layout is the front dash speaker unless I put it more towards the rear these cars are a pain in the ass to work on!

The 3700 has really good time alignment and EQ, you should be able to get it sounding very good with that dash speaker disconnected.

I disconnected it and took the car for a spin somewhere where I wouldn't bother anyone but it seems like my system was performing better before I changed the head unit :/ I'm going to upgrade the whole sound system but would like it sounding at least as good as before I don't want to blow money too quick I got too many expensive hobbies as it is xD

Make sure all the sound enhancers are off in the settings, and then play with the EQ, it is quite subtle so don't be scared of big changes.

But it is the time alignment you want to get right, this makes a huge difference.

I've set up the eq and done the timing alignment which as a noob thinks this is measuring speaker distance from speaker to ear XD but to be fair the speakers sound shagged to hell in the front I've had a look and the damn speaker is stuck to the door how to I get it off and I guess I got to make a mount for new speakers.

Did they sound shagged with the old head unit?

You sure you have not got an amp in your car that is being overdriven?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom