W211 Aircon/Duovalve Problem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
The car is an '03 S211 on 126K miles. The climate control blows cold - refrigerated cold, not ambient air temperature (22.5 deg. today) - all the time, even with the control temperature set to High or with demist selected. I presume the duovalve has seized, but is there a problem with the aircon control system as well (probably...:( - we need an Eeyore emoji...)?

Usually watervalve malfunction means hot... soounds like wrong temp sensor reading or stuck inner flap... by SDS you can see all sensor data and control flaps individually

Just read the codes with the iCarsoft - DTC B10/4 - In Car Temperature Sensor - current and stored. I hadn't thought of that, but Bingo! (I hope...).

Ordered a new cabin temperature sensor yesterday; it will arrive on Tuesday. The system is working normally today...

I put it out of and back into 'auto' a couple of times, adjusting the fan speed manually in between, and that seems to have cured it, for now at least. I'm wondering if there might be an intermittent fault/poor connection
in the control unit or wiring, though no fault code other than the sensor showed up. I hate intermittent electrical faults...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom