W211 Airmatic loses calibration after restart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL03WLY

SUPPORTER
Car
W211 03'
Hello All,

I am chasing a constant pain in the back side issue with my cars airmatic. So far I've had the below replaced with brand new parts
- Valve Block (Genuine)
- Compressor Pump (Genuine)
- Front Left & Right Air Shocks (Bilsteins)
- Front Left & Right Level Sensors (Genuine
- Front Left & Right links (Genuine)
- Renntech ELM V1. However is switched off and this has been happening before this was fitted.

Theses were roughly replace within a few months apart, not all the the same time. I first had issue with the front right being too low.

After having the front senors and links changed, the front left drops tooo low, but no codes are being stored.

Its was being diagnosed by a Garage near mine who calibrated it today using the latest stars, but could not find any codes or issues related to the suspension and seemed well. He did point out some canbus faults but not sure if its affecting the suspension.

However, after restarting the car the front left drops a good 5-10 mm for no reason whatsoever.

Anyone know what could cause it too do this? are settings stored somewhere? Its annoying as I ended up getting that shock replaced for near £1,200 when it didn't need to be. But now the person looking into it is lost beyond lost.

I too noticed at random times prior where when I park the car it appears somewhat "fine" despite being lower then the right. Come in the morning its resting on the type.

Does anyone know or experience issues with a fauly level sensor perhaps? Despite being a new one fitted in Jan, I am doubting whether it works or not. The car has been at a local garage for nearly a month and they are scratching their heads on this as they can calibrate with stars. The left corner was fine before having the sensor replaced.

good thread, very informative

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom