W211 Alarm Siren.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Finally a dry day to change my faulty alarm siren. Tested by locking the car and opening a door with the metal key. indicators flashed but not a peep from the alarm.
I also wonder if the faulty siren is the cause of my slight current drain? I'll know soon enough.

Anyway, this has been covered perfectly by Alps recently along with photos so
I'd point you to his thread for the full write up and photos.LINK

I found the job straightforward enough and ensured I had the security torx bit to remove the old alarm. Took just under an hour on a cold windy driveway.
I now have the 3 beeps on locking the car which is a nice reminder its locked instead of checking the mirrors have folded in.

Thanks again to Alps for his helpful write up.

Just a couple of photos showing old alarm in its housing and the new one with Part #. I believe this siren fits many models, not just the E Class and CLS.
20170302_095832_zpsam8atbyc.jpg

20170227_155641_zpsfqb8l8zc.jpg

Apologies for top photo. Photobucket is rotating some of them for some reason??

Mine is ok lol, Phew!! But a friend needs one, How much was it AMGeed?

Mine is ok lol, Phew!! But a friend needs one, How much was it AMGeed?

£99 delivered in 2 days from MB -Newcastle. Your local dealer might price match.

Cheers guys, might do mine as I don't have the mirrors folding in on locking generally anymore and it would be better to know it has locked.

Fitted mine today, pretty easy job, found it easier to remove the cable ties during the job and fit new ones afterwards.

Mine doesn't beep when locked but the siren is working. Do some not beep when locked?

New sirens beep on locking/unlocking. It can be coded out if required. Older sirens can be coded to beep IIRC

On some cars the beep can be turned on/off via the cars menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom